• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

User Pictures Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpr

We've got 3 threads called 'What do you look like'.

I mean Ok they've been dead for about 5 years, but that says it all about what we look like really

CasMcG24

We've got 3 threads called 'What do you look like'.

I mean Ok they've been dead for about 5 years, but that says it all about what we look like really
There're rules on bumping old threads... Drop the dead wood in your hands... Oh it's gone limp, post something slightly topical... Note not rhetorical!!!

cpr

Actually over here theres no rules on bumping old threads, unless its for pointless reasons. Threads get bumped quite often. It's only really if a thread becomes too unweildy that someone may lock in and start anew. That's why we've so many threads with 1,000s of posts over more than a decade.

CasMcG24

Actually over here theres no rules on bumping old threads, unless its for pointless reasons. Threads get bumped quite often. It's only really if a thread becomes too unweildy that someone may lock in and start anew. That's why we've so many threads with 1,000s of posts over more than a decade.
So are you in charge... ?

cpr

Unless James disagrees, yeah why not. (watch him actually step out and post for once now....)

But just a general heads up - for Off Topic anyway - is that most people prefer threads that are already there coming back to life, rather than loads of new ones starting every 5 minutes, especially if its topics that have been discussed before. Makes it easier to keep a flowing conversation if its all in one thread - You've probably noticed it gets people's backs up when lots of new threads are created for no real need, especially by a new poster (history tends to show those type of people post a load of their own 'discussions' but don't want to engage in others opinions on the topics - they don't last long before they storm off in a huff that nobody agrees with them, or just get banned for being utter dire). The best way to get into off topic is to follow whats going on and join in the existing conversations for a while and people get to know you that way - You've gotta remember this place is nearly 20 years old, and many posters have been chatting for over a decade here.
Think of it like your local pub - you wouldn't walk in for the first time and demand everyone starts asking you questions to get to know you - you'd stand at the bar for a few nights and slowly build up convo/rapport with the regulars.

Cricket Chat is a whole different kettle of fish, basically full of awful ' X v Y battle' '1780's Players v Gentlemen Draft' and 'worst player to get dismissed whilst sneezing' threads. Place is ran worse than Durham's accounts.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thanks for creating a wonderful thread so I don't specifically have to ask people to post pics of themselves any more.

vogue

Unless James disagrees, yeah why not. (watch him actually step out and post for once now....)

But just a general heads up - for Off Topic anyway - is that most people prefer threads that are already there coming back to life, rather than loads of new ones starting every 5 minutes, especially if its topics that have been discussed before. Makes it easier to keep a flowing conversation if its all in one thread - You've probably noticed it gets people's backs up when lots of new threads are created for no real need, especially by a new poster (history tends to show those type of people post a load of their own 'discussions' but don't want to engage in others opinions on the topics - they don't last long before they storm off in a huff that nobody agrees with them, or just get banned for being utter dire). The best way to get into off topic is to follow whats going on and join in the existing conversations for a while and people get to know you that way - You've gotta remember this place is nearly 20 years old, and many posters have been chatting for over a decade here.
Think of it like your local pub - you wouldn't walk in for the first time and demand everyone starts asking you questions to get to know you - you'd stand at the bar for a few nights and slowly build up convo/rapport with the regulars.

Cricket Chat is a whole different kettle of fish, basically full of awful ' X v Y battle' '1780's Players v Gentlemen Draft' and 'worst player to get dismissed whilst sneezing' threads. Place is ran worse than Durham's accounts.
Nicely put.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There are also - General Sports Forum, News and Politics, Site Discussion and Testing Forum (within site discussion).

trundler

Wassup fast baller?
On that note, bowled to a real person today i.e not my bat against the front porch wall and I am much quicker than before due to remodeling my action. Still south of 50 MPH to my estimation.

Status
Not open for further replies.