• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where in the world is Zulqarnain Haider?

Black_Warrior

Whats the bet that the the undercover ICC detective told him to throw the next match and Haider ran clean out of the country to distance himself from the ensuing cluster ****. WAG
well I would not mind that actually..the only thing is..this is UAE and UAE has a bad history of match fixing and organised crime and the nexus between them is pretty strong..

SirBloody Idiot

I hear he's sneaking 'round the world from Kiev to Carolina.

Always been a bit of a sticky-fingered filcher from Berlin down to Belize.

outbreak

from what i've read my take (only the articles around backing me up my own opinion!) is he's legged it away from the team after being threatened. If he has come to harm or been seriously in fear of being harmed this is a perfect reason for why everyone has been arguing for pakistan to be banned while the game is investigated and made cleaner and safer in their country. Players using an excuse that they've been threatened in the past just shows it's not safe enough.

_Ed_

Hope he's alright. He earned my respect and admiration very quickly in his debut Test. Playing for Pakistan really seemed to mean the world to him. Love players like that.

Faisal1985

How can he end up in UK you need a visa to go to UK something is not right.
He probably had a visa already....or he could have filed for a refugee status and surrendered his passport at the airport....

Darn it, he should have come to Canada instead and play for my club!

Faisal1985

On another note...

If he didn't throw the game despite being threatened to be murdered, I salute this boy!

He must save his life for sure. Everyone knows that PCB is a joke they wouldn't have provided him any decent security anyway...to me if the threat was for real...good thing he took off..

Xuhaib

him not trusting PCB for this could mean that somebody in PCB higher ups support match/spot fixing.Ofcourse all of this is pure speculation atm.

Xuhaib

On another note...

If he didn't throw the game despite being threatened to be murdered, I salute this boy!

He must save his life for sure. Everyone knows that PCB is a joke they wouldn't have provided him any decent security anyway...to me if the threat was for real...good thing he took off..
I will not jump the gun yet Zoni comes across an attention seeking bitch, him doing a Cindrilla does not look likest the wisest of moves.

superkingdave

Did you see Australia won the Hong Kong Sixes beating Pakistan in the final...Australia needed 46 off the last over & hit 48 including 6 no balls and 12 wides :ph34r:

Last edited:

Marcuss

Did you see Australia won the Hong Kong Sixes beating Pakistan in the final...Australia needed 46 off the last over & hit 48 including 6 no balls and 12 wides :ph34r:
Thought you were kidding. FMD,

Warner said it was an "amazing" performance from the Australian team.

"We have that Australian passion when things are against us," he said.

"It is one of those things. We knew we were always a chance if we backed ourselves."
Australianism :ph34r: