• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the worst late night reasonable man

Uppercut

The question makes me realise how deeply I hate late night talk show hosts. I can’t pick one. I hate them all so so much, far beyond all reason, even the ones that don’t fit the ‘reasonable man’ slur.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I dont mind any of them particularly, I doubt if I watched tv id watch any regularly besides Graham Norton. Just too much tv in a week and the nature of it makes it fairly repetitive.

Regardless what people say here, they're all pretty talented and funny. The format is the real killer.

harsh.ag

They suck for different reasons. Meyers - delivery. Fallon - histrionics. Colbert - insufferable. Noah - content.

Never watched Corden. Coco is good.

Colbert worst overall. Noah a close second. Meyers third.

Niall

John Oliver, just the smugness and the fact that people seem to feel they are an expert on an issue they had no clue about previously after watching one of his videos boils my piss.

Bahnz

Oliver is terribly terribly unfunny, which is sad as his stuff for the Bugle used to be pretty good.

Colbert doesn't even deserve to be in the 'reasonable-man' race. Just a fuming, partisan-rant merchant.

I probably like Noah the best of the ones I've watched. He's the most likable, and imo the least self-righteous (though it's all different shades of self-righteousness with these guys).

He probably doesn't quite fit into the category, but for all his faults (and there are many) I prefer the preening, unvarnished, IDGAF doucheyness of Bill Maher to the lot of them.

I actually miss Jon Stewart tbh.

Mike5181

Conan O'Brien is the only likable one. Fallon is kind of harmless. The others produce genuinely divisive, hate-filled content.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I like Oliver and Maher. Disagree with them sometimes (especially the latter), but it's always a fun watch.

I am not a fan of Kimmel.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The question makes me realise how deeply I hate late night talk show hosts. I can’t pick one. I hate them all so so much, far beyond all reason, even the ones that don’t fit the ‘reasonable man’ slur.
Haha, wholeheartedly endorse this post ftr.

andmark

I liked him in Gavin & Stacey
I'm led to believe that's a good show but haven't watched it. It's other stuff like A League of their Own (a sports quiz show with people like Flintoff on the panels) which causes him to irritate me.

Anil

like john oliver, bill maher, stephen colbert, samantha bee...don't particularly like jimmy fallon, james corden and conan o'brien...neutral on jimmy kimmel, trevor noah and seth meyers...

Last edited:

Zinzan

Good thread.

Most of these hosts have become cringeworthy, predictable and utterly one-dimensional in the last couple of years.

Let’s be honest, Trump does provide good cannon fodder for comedians, but when it becomes 95% of all their material, it’s gets tiring fast.

Agree with most that Colbert is the worst of them. Apparently his ratings were tanking before Trump came along in 2015.

Jimmy Kimmel’s incidents of crying and his constant virtue signalling has made his show more about politics than a general talk show.

Noah is similar to Kimmel but not quite as bad. But he like Oliver project too much smugness.

Seth Myers meanwhile just isn’t funny at all.

Whereas Fallon, even though I’m not a fan at least tries to deviate from the boring old bipartisan political beatup all the time.

I read Jay Leno recently made a point about the predictable one-dimensional nature of the late show hosts today.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Good thread.

Most of these hosts have become cringeworthy, predictable and utterly one-dimensional in the last couple of years.

Let’s be honest, Trump does provide good cannon fodder for comedians, but when it becomes 95% of all their material, it’s gets tiring fast.

Agree with most that Colbert is the worst of them. Apparently his ratings were tanking before Trump came along in 2015.
Yeah they were trying to have Colbert host the late show without much political comedy. The massive boost to his ratings when they switched to it definitely shows he appeals to an audience. The weird thing is that his average viewership is like 66+ in age. You'd think that he'd annoy old people more than anyone.

I read Jay Leno recently made a point about the predictable one-dimensional nature of the late show hosts today.
Jay Leno easily the worst mentioned so far, pretty much responsible for all the really grating ticks of talk show hosts.