• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will the Kiwis choke against Australia in the final again?

DriveClub

I have decided to revoke my australian citizenship. If the kiwis win the final and stop the british imperialist forces I will move to kiwiland and join the rebellion in solidarity. It all depends on Kane skywalker

TheJediBrah

We should allow NZ to become a state of Australia. They've probably wanted it forever.

It would be nice to be good at Rugby too.

zorax

likes this
NZ are better than Australia at Rugby, Cricket and being good people.

Just let them take over Australia IMO.

add_sauce

Seeing the North-North Island of NZ losing to England last night was a little disappointing, but at the same time I kinda prefer to see NZ beat England in England's own World Cup.

TheJediBrah

I'd like to know what Brah thinks Australia is actually good at now?
I wasn't implying Aus were good at anything, you just read the sentence differently to how it was intended

ie. "Good at rugby too" = "as an aside to NZ becoming a state, it would be nice to be good at rugby"

I don't really know what we're good at tbh

Are we good at surfing?

BeeGee

We should allow NZ to become a state of Australia. They've probably wanted it forever.
We're not that stupid. Back in the day Tasmania and New Zealand were invited to become a part of Australia. Tasmania accepted and New Zealand declined. Today New Zealand is famous all over the world for it's beauty, it's people and it's many achievements in all facets of life. Tasmania... um... not so much.

Living in the USA, when I tell people I'm from NZ I always get an overwhelmingly positive response, usually "why would you leave NZ to move to the USA???". It's actually quite ridiculous how NZ is seen by most Americans, they think it's a perfect paradise.

If Australia grovelled enough NZ might allow you guys to become our West Island and some of that NZ shine might rub off on you, but I doubt NZ would want that big of a boat anchor around it's neck.

Last edited:

trundler

We're not that stupid. Back in the day Tasmania and New Zealand were invited to become a part of Australia. Tasmania accepted and New Zealand declined. Today New Zealand is famous all over the world for it's beauty, it's people and it's many achievements in all facets of life. Tasmania... um... not so much.

Living in the USA, when I tell people I'm from NZ I always get an overwhelmingly positive response, usually "why would you leave NZ to move to the USA???". It's actually quite ridiculous how NZ is seen by most Americans, they think it's a perfect paradise.

If Australia grovelled enough NZ might allow you guys to become our West Island and some of that NZ shine might rub off on you, but I doubt NZ would want that big of a boat anchor around it's neck.
Ricky Ponting is a bigger contribution to the world than literally anything NZ's done though

Last edited:

BeeGee

Ricky Ponting is a bigger contribution to the world than literally anything NZ's don't though
Ponting is awesome, but he didn't achieve half of what Sir Richard Hadlee did both on and off the field.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

You've done well to come across an American that's actually heard of NZ tbh