• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your country's top three future stars

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Buttler is a gun call IMO. I saw him play some televised limited overs stuff last season, and he really doesn't bat like you'd expect a man with a List A strike rate of 150 to. As Brumby said, proper cricket shots; just extremely regularly.

weeman27bob

Would have to concur with Taylor and (especially) Finn for England, but remain to be convinced by Harris or Woakes, so will go for Somerset's elastic wristed wunderkind Jos Buttler as my third choice.

Saw him a few times last season and the kid's absolutely fearless and plays innovative, proper cricket shots. Check out his strike-rate for T20 & List A.
Getting Buttler and Taylor in the team would get us much closer to the overall goal of the English team having surnames that sound like proper words.

Cook
Swann
Broad
Finn
Taylor
Buttler
Bell

Eds

Getting Buttler and Taylor in the team would get us much closer to the overall goal of the English team having surnames that sound like proper words.

Cook
Swann
Broad
Finn
Taylor
Buttler
Bell
Alistair Cook
Andrew Gale
Johnathan Trott
James Taylor
Ian Bell
Jos Buttler
Stuart Broad
Glen Chapple
Graeme Swann
Steven Finn
Graham Onions

Make it happen, selectors!

Howe_zat

Cook
Swann
Broad
Finn
Taylor
Buttler
Bell
I understand the benfits involved here.

Lyth, Cook, Bell, Gale, Taylor, Stokes, Buttler, Swann, Broad, Finn, Onions

Clearly the side we need.

...Words are fun. :happy:

Cevno

The selectors seem to rate Mukund ahead of Rahane while forumers (GI Joe aside, IIRC) don't. What's the reason for that exactly?
Mukund is a opener ,while Rahane is a number 3.

Both are gun for me but atm ,Rahane >>> Mukund.

weeman27bob

Alistair Cook
Andrew Gale
Johnathan Trott
James Taylor
Ian Bell
Jos Buttler
Stuart Broad
Glen Chapple
Graeme Swann
Steven Finn
Graham Onions

Make it happen, selectors!
To play an international team of:

Gayle
Hussey
Prince
Ryder
North
Bravo
Dhoni
Johnson
Steyn
Mills
Bollinger

in a three match series at Kandy, Galle and Lords.

morgieb

1) Khawaja
2) Smith
3) Hughes

Tempted to put Pattinson, Starc, Hazlewood or Lynn in there, but those 3 have played test cricket already.

GotSpin

Windies.

- Roach
- Darren Bravo
- Brathwaite

Some tough choices in there. Left out Barath and Russel unfortunately

Howsie

Kane Williamson
Tim Southee
Trent Boult

Injuries withstanding all three of them will play a big part in the future of New Zealand cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Kaushal :wub:

Anyway for my country, I'm going to move beyond Southee and Williamson who have already had a Test debut.

1. Trent Boult
2. Corey Anderson
3. Doug Bracewell

MagaMan

Bangladesh

1. Jahurul Islam
2. Shafiul Islam
3. Shabbir Rahman Roman

I think the selectors could go for Shabbir Rahman in the world cup squad, he could have the sort of impact that Tamim Iqbal had in the 2007 World Cup.