• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Favourite Restaurant/Takeaway Joint

morgieb

fwiw there is a BL Burgers, which is just the same thing, in parramatta, but i'm not surprised the typical inner-city libertarian types yet again disregard the west tbh:ph34r:
This is true, also the one I go to is Loaded by BL which is in Newtown. Only difference is you can't buy alcohol there.

Burgey

Butter is excellent. Bell’s also does good fried chicken as well.

Balmain Hotel does some of the best pub burgers in sudbey and been rated as such. For value, the old William Wallace hotel had the craziest burgers - hotel now closed, sadly.

Gallon Pub in Pyrmont does some decent grub as well

Rosso Pomadoro pizzas are so good. Would recommend thoroughly

Mary’s Burgers in Newtown are excellent.

There’s a little Greek place in newtown called three olives which I’d recommend thoroughly.

As morgie said, we’re pretty blessed in Sydney. Especially the inner west.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
fwiw there is a BL Burgers, which is just the same thing, in parramatta, but i'm not surprised the typical inner-city libertarian types yet again disregard the west tbh:ph34r:
I lived in Baulkham Hills for the best part of 30 years and never knew this. :laugh:

_Ed_

McLeod's Pizza Barn, Waipu
This place is a Northland institution. They brew an extensive range of award-winning beer, all of which is phenomenal (well, all of the five or six I've tried so far), and their pizzas are top-notch. Combine that with a cosy, comfortable atmosphere and there really isn't anywhere better in this part of NZ. Put it on your list, people. For my partner and I, it's been the traditional venue for our anniversary dinner for the last three years. Sadly that's unlikely to be possible this year (April 26), but we'll be back there as soon as it reopens.

Land & Sea Cafe, Marsden Cove Marina
Friendly staff, delicious coffee, an awesome and constantly changing array of cabinet food, and a patio dining area that overlooks the water. We're pretty lucky to have this gem within walking distance.

Frenchy's Kitchen, various (but mostly Ruakaka)
A food truck with superb coffee and an amazing range of authentic, hand-made French delights - all served by the friendly and hilarious titular Frenchy.

Last edited:

Shady Slim

another ace in sydney is bang bang izikaya bar right near the convention centre, modern take on japanese cuisine and some really inventive stuff like a yakisoba stir fry folded in an omelette, which, trust me, kicks ass... and they do great japanese fried wings as a bonus

right next to them is matchaya which has the best matcha tea in the city for those interested, both of them are in a little alley on your right if you’re walking towards sussex and george from the convention centre

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Some good ideas here for if I go to NSW once the world resumes some semblance of reality

Anyway closer to home: Soto's Fish Shop at Semaphore is absolutely ATG tier for fish and chip shops. The chips are superb, they hand cut them in store, and the fish is locally caught whenever possible. Recommend it very highly for anyone who is ever down that way.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
another ace in sydney is bang bang izikaya bar right near the convention centre, modern take on japanese cuisine and some really inventive stuff like a yakisoba stir fry folded in an omelette, which, trust me, kicks ass... and they do great japanese fried wings as a bonus

right next to them is matchaya which has the best matcha tea in the city for those interested, both of them are in a little alley on your right if you’re walking towards sussex and george from the convention centre
What does this involve?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
In Philly, the best place to have beers is Monks - a massive bottle and on tap list. And wonderful food too - their mussels are unbelievable. Used to take girls there on first or second dates. If they did not like it, there would not be additional dates.

https://www.monkscafe.com/bottles/

Last edited: