• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - New Zealand v Australia (29th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WindieWeathers

Well I come here to take a break from my insanely positive life tbh. Need some change. And WW provides that much needed rubbish which makes me appreciate the good stuff even more.
Why don't you save yourself from your obvious "misery" and put me on ignore? :blink: Cause even though you crying over me everyday and getting no result is rather funny it's also getting a tad tedious now. Time to try something new bro.

Gnske

That said, Faf would beat the **** out of all four of then at once IMO. Have you seen that ****s triceps? Huge.
Not with Vettori there, he comes across as your typical nerd, when he goes into his hyper-rage there's no force on earth that could stop him.

Not even a balding man with gigantic triceps.

Zinzan

That said, Faf would beat the **** out of all four of then at once IMO. Have you seen that ****s triceps? Huge.
I'd agree if you're talking about Mills, Vettori and Southee, but having seen Styris in a boxing ring, I'm not sure that'd be a foregone conclusion at all.

Hurricane

I havn't read the whole thread but have read today's pages - special thanks to all the CW Aussie fans for being gracious in victory - I came into this thread grimacing about what I might find and it has all been very positive so that is appreciated. :)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Send-offs are lower though.
Yeah I don't disagree. If you go back through the thread I commented about how despicable it was at the time. But some of the stuff I've been seeing here and elsewhere from Kiwis is sanctimonious bull****. Acting like their players are saints and would never be aggressively competitive in any capacity. Reality check was needed.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The alluded comparison between Vettori and Clarke dismissals and the reaction afterwards is another example of what you mention too.

If Clarke had've been dismissed for a duck, there would have been no handshakes - the state of the game allowed the moment to be treated differently.

kykweer.proteas

Congrats aussie fckers:)

But with all due respect great way for clarke to go out and great wayvto honour Hughes. Good stuff.

Last edited:

Burgey

Ordinarily I wouldn't care about the send offs. Don't like them but they happen. Same with sledging really. It's gone on for years and despite the protestations from the supporters of the runners up, their side isn't immune to doing it.

What disappoints me is remembering how the NZ team reacted in the their test match in the UAE when Phillip Hughes died. The respect and genuine emotion they displayed. I remember how they wanted to call the match off but weren't allowed, then how they didn't appeal, didn't celebrate wickets and how they respectfully went about the game in as sombre a mood as if they'd lost one of their own. It disappoints me that Haddin didn't reflect on that, particularly this summer above all others.

Anyway, it is what it is. The dogs may bark, but the caravan moves on. Congrats to Australia, who played a great final. Bad luck NZ, who had a brilliant tourney but just didn't get it done on the big day. I'm looking forward to the test series out here next summer, and wish it was three or five tests. They're a team on the rise.