• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - West Indies v India (31st March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

artvandalay

Pandya is the joginder Sharma of this team. At the end of the day in this format more than accumulators you need people who can clear the ropes consistently which we just don't have. Till then on standard flat decks theres always a good chance that you'll get outgunned by a team with more firepower. On merit we didn't deserve to win the competition based on the steal against Bangladesh.

SkyBlue

Brilliant just brilliant

What an exhibition of power hitting.If there's one team that knows how to silence the crowd its Windies.Hope they go all the way now.You cant help but love this team.

SkyBlue

Lets look at it this way

The two teams that are in the final are the teams with,

The best batting depth
The best power hitters
The best selection of multiple all-rounders

Only team that comes close to matching them is Australia and they messed up with their selection.

You just cant contain teams with incredible batting depth and power hitters when you're bowling second and that too on a flat deck.When Windies won the toss,they won the game.

Howe_zat

Lets look at it this way

The two teams that are in the final are the teams with,

The best batting depth
The best power hitters
The best selection of multiple all-rounders

Only team that comes close to matching them is Australia and they messed up with their selection.

You just cant contain teams with incredible batting depth and power hitters when you're bowling second and that too on a flat deck.When Windies won the toss,they won the game.
Bangladesh had multiple batting all-rounders slogging at 8 and 9, and they didn't win a game. Might sound old-fashioned but I think being good might also play a role

Compton

Simmons deservedly getting plaudits, but how good was Russell's innings?

Charles falling seemed certain to spark a collapse but he's come in and hit 43 off 20. Just seemed that any time India bowled a few good deliveries and got the required rate to 12+ Russell would hit a few boundaries and the pressure was right back on the bowlers.

SkyBlue

Btw no chance for England to beat this team.Its a last WC for many Windies players and after this they'll be charged up as f
I'm sure they gonna make it count

vcs

It is weird to hear about Sammy 'telling the boys' anything at the break. I wonder how many of them were thinking 'maybe next time you'll have a bowl, skip'
Incredible that him or Morgan will freeload their way to a title while Kohli goes home with **** all. :laugh:

Can't stop laughing when I think about it. ****, now I want WI to win the final with Sammy not batting. :laugh:

Groundking

Btw no chance for England to beat this team.Its a last WC for many Windies players and after this they'll be charged up as f
I'm sure they gonna make it count
Who ever bats second wins imo, both teams just have too much batting for anything other than something ridiculous like 250 to not be chaseble, providing both teams don't do something truly stupid, the toss is a huge moment

Howe_zat

Incredible that him or Morgan will freeload their way to a title while Kohli goes home with **** all. :laugh:

Can't stop laughing when I think about it. ****, now I want WI to win the final with Sammy not batting. :laugh:
Captain of the tournament is probably Mathews at this stage.