• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - West Indies v India (31st March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Hats off to the Windies. Excellent Chase... Who knew Fletcher getting injured was going to win them the semi? :) India played a poor bowling innings today. No balls cost us. Dropped catches and fielding almost cost us against Bangladesh, but here it is just overstepping. That Ashwin no ball was a huge momentum shift in the game.

LightningStrike

I think I'll watch the highlights of that match too.

Some absolute comedy gold in there - the worst bit of fielding in T20 history (not running out Kohli) then the 2 no-ball wickets for India.

Oh, and there were some pretty decent shots too :D

vcs

Well done WI, hope they beat England again.

India really threw that one away. Two wicket-taking no-balls are unacceptable.

Kirkut

Was at office canteen watching the last 2 overs, everyone went crazy with the last Kohli over, but soon it was deafening silence.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The difference in boundaries scored between WI and India is quite scary. Their power is incredible.

Compton

Whichever side lost that match would have lost it in the field.

The longer the match went the more it looked like all those 2s for India were going to make the difference...

Stapel

A good chase indeed!

Yet, I feel the target should have been 200+. I've said this before & repeat it again: on batting pitches like these, in T20, consuming a quarter of the balls for a run-a-ball, as Rahane did, is simply match-losing, rather than anchoring the innings.

Zinzan

Cashed out for a small profit when I should have held firm on the Windies.

Best two teams in the final, no complaints here (even with WI's blunder against Afg in mind)

91Jmay

A good chase indeed!

Yet, I feel the target should have been 200+. I've said this before & repeat it again: on batting pitches like these, in T20, consuming a quarter of the balls for a run-a-ball, as Rahane did, is simply match-losing, rather than anchoring the innings.
They still should have defended 192 but yeah his last 10 or so balls were not good enough. Cannot be plodding along for more than 15-20 balls.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pandya hurt Dhoni. If there is going to be dew he needed his seamers to not be hacks that go for runs and bowl no balls.

Howe_zat

It is weird to hear about Sammy 'telling the boys' anything at the break. I wonder how many of them were thinking 'maybe next time you'll have a bowl, skip'