• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - West Indies v India (31st March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stapel

Agree.Both teams prefer chasing as well.

Though i still think Windies can contain England even if they bat first.Badree will open the bowling and both of England's openers play spin poorly.England's strength has been their top order batting.If they get them out early,England's brittle middle order will be put to test.

West Indies start as massive favorites for me anyways.
Though the Windies are my favourites too, I refuse to agree England's middle order of Root, Butler & Stokes are brittle.

honestbharani

They are not brittle.. But if the Eden pitch is how it usually is, they will be tested by the spin combo of the Windies. But then again, these are both sides that I don't mind winning. Morgan's England seem to be much much more likeable than Cook's England to me and it is always good to see the Windies do well, esp. with all the problems they have with their board.

SkyBlue

Yeah,i'm just saying they can be exposed in different conditions at Eden Gardens.Root is perhaps the only guy who plays the slow bowlers well in that side.
I think they're going struggle to pick Dwayne Bravo's slower ball too which he bowls it often nowadays.Imo he's the best death bowler in the tournament atm.

viriya

It doesn't change much but we had to defend 8 in that last over... SEe, from the beginning, India was a force IF and ONLY IF we were able to play that first XI. The moment Yuvi got injured, Dhoni had to change plans and its very hard to play catch up for this side because they just do not have any plan B. Okay, maybe that's too harsh but this side surely does not allow for a plan C with the ball. There is dew and you are not sure if your two main spinners can do anything, so you need to rake up a few overs from some part timer somewhere and there is no Yuvi. None of the younger Indian batsmen coming through bowl at any decent level for their FC or franchise sides and this will continue to cost India. I felt we panicked even before the game started making two changes. Like I mentioned yesterday in ths thread, I would have played Negi for Yuvi and that is it. Dhoni loves to have options with the ball as a captain and once Yuvi's injury happened, that was taken away from him. We had to get everything right to win this game and we didn't. Obviously, Ashwin's no ball was the game breaking moment but even if Pandya had gotten Simmons out in that over, it could have been our game.

But full credit to the Windies. They have the kind of side that is almost unbeatable on most days on the Bangalore and Mumbai kind of pitches. Boy the Indian coach is gonna hate the Mumbai curator even more now. :)
They needed 8 in last over. Match was virtually over with such batting to come but as you have said Ashwin had to bowl the last over or maybe the one before that. Jadeja did not bowl that bad but as you would expect hit me balls were there.
My mistake.. I guess Dhoni thought there's no way to defend 8, might as well roll the dice.

viriya

Though the Windies are my favourites too, I refuse to agree England's middle order of Root, Butler & Stokes are brittle.
Yea I think people are underrating how good England has been since the 2015 WC. They have completely transformed how they play limited overs cricket.. I wouldn't be surprised if they win the final easily.

zorax

likes this
India got ****ed over by the umpires not calling no-balls of non-wicket taking balls.

Ive already ranted enough on this. Still really pisses me off. Its the worst thing in modern cricket and it was a huge factor in India losing this, and is also smth they couldnt control.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
As I have mentioned earlier, isn't the onus of not bowling no balls with the bowlers rather than the umpires though?

RossTaylorsBox

India got ****ed over by the umpires not calling no-balls of non-wicket taking balls.

Ive already ranted enough on this. Still really pisses me off. Its the worst thing in modern cricket and it was a huge factor in India losing this, and is also smth they couldnt control.
Hey, that's our thing.

Gnske

Reminder good teams never bowl no balls.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, it is very much unpardonable to bowl no balls in T20 cricket with the free hit available.

Burgey

Nah there's worse things in modern cricket than this tbh. But it is pretty piss poor

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Also, while I would not rule out the possibility that the bowlers were marking their run ups wrong all the time if not most of the time, it can also be that the two balls which got the wickets were extra effort balls. We some how never consider this possibility when we come up with the line of criticism of zorax. A slight bit extra effort can at times lead to the extra stretch of the leg causing the wicket but also meaning that it is a no ball.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Also, while I would not rule out the possibility that the bowlers were marking their run ups wrong all the time if not most of the time, it can also be that the two balls which got the wickets were extra effort balls. We some how never consider this possibility when we come up with the line of criticism of zorax. A slight bit extra effort can at times lead to the extra stretch of the leg causing the wicket but also meaning that it is a no ball.
sometimes that extra stretch can be deliberate :ph34r:

Aaron510

Congrats to West Indies team and West Indian fans.

I actually was rooting for them to win. A world cup win means so much more to them and their fans than Indians anyways.

cricket is losing popularity in Caribbean countries because of the team's poor performance. A win for Windies means a win for their fans who are turning their back on cricket due to their team's bad performance.

with that said.. I think Indian fans shouldn't be disappointed. their team made it semi final. They played very well... they can't be winning everything..

I loved it that they kicked Aus out as Aus my least favorite team.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Last edited: