• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Chewie

Got sick of my standard issue keyboard at work so randomly went out at lunch and bought a mechanical one today. Wish I had done so long ago.
I did this last year and it is much better. Not sure how much my co-workers appreciate it though...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I did this last year and it is much better. Not sure how much my co-workers appreciate it though...
Haha yeah the person I share my office with was not in today, so I guess the acid test will be on Monday when we are both next in...

Burgey

How can you snowflakes be put out by the sound of a keyboard? This is embarrassing for all of you.

Besides, don't you all have corner offices with harbour views?

Burgey

A mechanical keyboard is loud. You probably hear the springs falling back into place
These things are relative. Working with a jackhammer is loud. In an office context, an IBM electric typewriter was noisy. A lot noisier than a keyboard.

FMD, keyboard noise as an issue. Unbelievable.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, the discussion this has provoked is great. I will reply properly in morning. Going to bed to listen to a podcast about dinosaurs now.

Burgey

Ruined

Have to do back-to-back hearings in early Feb in, get this, Broken Hill. FFS. It's Brisbane without mosquitoes. Probably has better night life though. Given the truly moderate temperatures we have been getting in regional Australia this summer, it should be a really pleasant trip. Three hour flight each way from here. FMD.

Made

Am able to get up and back in a day, thereby avoiding overnighting there. I mean, **** me, if you look up "middle of nowhere" there's a picture of Broken Hill. Might be fun to go out to the Silverton Pub if I have time and grab a few pics.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
What is it though? Does it do the typing for you? What makes it better than the one you had?
the keys activate an actual mechanical switch instead of little electronic contact pads, and makes them feel a million times better and less tiring to actually type on than those horrible sponges that pass for most keyboards these days

I find it hard to use anything else these days tbh

Got sick of my standard issue keyboard at work so randomly went out at lunch and bought a mechanical one today. Wish I had done so long ago.
pretty much how it went for me too. "okay let's try one of these, see what the hype is about it" [30 minutes later] "wtf this is witchcraft, how can a keyboard feel so much better"

Last edited: