• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

artvandalay

Takes an anachronistic dyed in the wool test purist or sakshi to defend his innings today. There's no excuse for.him to leave balls off outside off after the 45th over at all.

Dissector

Yeah I think Dhoni's innings was a reasonably effort till the 43 over mark or so given the circumstances but after that he should have accelerated and tried to hit the occasional boundary at least. He was well set and having boundaries scored at both ends would have put huge pressure on the Kiwis. As it happened the pressure was on Jadeja and the rest is history.

But at the end of the day it was just a poor batting effort. Rohit got a good ball but Kohli had no business playing that shot so early on when the ball was swinging and there were poor shots by Pant and Pandya too. After the 2013 Champions Trophy it's been a series of poor efforts by India in big tournament games. The 2014 T20 final, the 2015 World Cup semi-final, the 2016 T20 semi-final, the 2017 Champions final and now this. India has become the new South Africa.

Moss

Assuming New Zealand get through this... any changes for the final?
A big no I would think, unless the pitch absolutely demands you play a second spinner, and even then Kane might be able to do the job. Did think Southee could have been considered for the group game at Lord's but Henry's thankfully put to rest any such ideas. Maybe Munro in as a late order finisher?.. naah. This XI will have to do it.

Howe_zat

Judging by the rest of this world cup, India would probably be 180/1 if Latham drops that first catch

Makes you wonder what their tournament would have been like if the chances Rohit offered were always taken

Bahnz

Yeah I think Dhoni's innings was a reasonably effort till the 43 over mark or so given the circumstances but after that he should have accelerated and tried to hit the occasional boundary at least. He was well set and having boundaries scored at both ends would have put huge pressure on the Kiwis. As it happened the pressure was on Jadeja and the rest is history.
Watching a replay of the last half hour this morning, at the end of I think the 44th over, Ferguson bowled a short wide one which Dhoni left, and Ferguson just shrugged as if to say “Er you do know the RRR is over 10 right?”

RossTaylorsBox

Judging by the rest of this world cup, India would probably be 180/1 if Latham drops that first catch

Makes you wonder what their tournament would have been like if the chances Rohit offered were always taken
I was fuming when Neesham dropped Pant, but luckily he isn't that good.

The Hutt Rec

How calm was Williamson under the catch from Jadeja ... he must have ice running through his veins!

That was the big moment late in the game for me, as great as Guptill’s run out was.

Cow Corner

There was only one chink in India's armour, which was if the top order failed, and they came against the best new ball bowling attack in the world, so perhaps NZ were always India's biggest threat??? The last time India's top order failed was against NZ in the warm up, where incidentally Jadeja top scored.