• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

sunilz

Congrats NZ for semi-final victory. All the best for final match.

We are the new chokers .
ICC WT20 2014 F
ICC ODI WC 2015 SF
ICC T20 WC 2016 SF
CT 2017 F
Now WC SF 2019.

We are the new SA.

wrongun

Banned
Congrats NZ for semi-final victory. All the best for final match.

We are the new chokers .
ICC WT20 2014 F
ICC ODI WC 2015 SF
ICC T20 WC 2016 SF
CT 2017 F
Now WC SF 2019.

We are the new SA.
Gives me great joy to know that you admit it. Kudos on the sportsmanship. India is a choker team indeed and id start with Kohli.

Uppercut

Then it's either double the length of the tournament or only televise one game in two(ish) . The first is not realistic, I'd be happy with the second, though.
The reserve day for each game would be the match day for the next. So you’d only get two simultaneous games occasionally. Not that that’s a disaster- they chose to do it on Saturdays this time.

zorax

likes this
setting =/= chasing tbf. setting is where a batsman can feel pressure from the other end really acutely because you don't have that hard yardstick to measure how well you're going as a team
Both Ross and MSD balanced the fine line between trying to not get out -realising how valuable their wickets were- and trying to keep the scorecard ticking. Both wanted to take it late for a final charge. Both definitely erred on the side of caution. Both also saw their batting partners (Kane and Jadeja) get out as a result of trying to break the shackles.

Ross's innings looks better because NZ were able to set a winning target, while MSD ended up losing a run chase.

There were other differences too tho. Ross actually had a productive final few overs, MSD got out as soon as he started to accelerate. MSD probably timed his acceleration bit too late as well. But there are overall similarities.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The reserve day for each game would be the match day for the next. So you’d only get two simultaneous games occasionally. Not that that’s a disaster- they chose to do it on Saturdays this time.
Yeah I don't like it when there are two games scheduled at once but I could absolutely deal with it if it only happened whenever a game was rain-affected.

Uppercut

Yeah I don't like it when there are two games scheduled at once but I could absolutely deal with it if it only happened whenever a game was rain-affected.
No offence intended to Neil Young, but when you’re justifying this stuff it’s always worth translating it into another sport and seeing how ridiculous it sounds.

When Premiership football matches have to be postponed they don’t just call it a draw because ‘the season would go on too long and we don’t want two games going on at once’. Imagine if someone suggested that. Cricketing authorities have done an incredible job of gaslighting fans if they’re earnestly saying these types of things.

zorax

likes this
While reserve days for all WC games seems a good idea for the fans and viewer experience, it sounds like something that will cost the ICC more money than it brings in, and I think that ultimately that's the basis on which all WC decisions are made.

Shri

What a wonderful game. Well done to NZ. I'll see you guys in four years for the next WC. I was shocked to see Dhoni still playing ODIs when the WC started - that's how much I care about ODIs outside of WC.

Onto Tests! India in West Indies - August 22nd in Antigua!
"i am goig to be a prick, waltz into a wc semi final thread and let everyone know how much i dont care about odis look at how smart i am"

**** off ss and let us grieve in peace

srbhkshk

Congrats NZ, go get the cup in the Final.

From an Indian perspective I thought I'd be sad after the defeat but apparently I didn't care much about this team after the England match. Fun day and great match.

Neil Young

No offence intended to Neil Young, but when you’re justifying this stuff it’s always worth translating it into another sport and seeing how ridiculous it sounds.

When Premiership football matches have to be postponed they don’t just call it a draw because ‘the season would go on too long and we don’t want two games going on at once’. Imagine if someone suggested that. Cricketing authorities have done an incredible job of gaslighting fans if they’re earnestly saying these types of things.
I'm genuinely not sure they are. And comparing it to PL football is a little disingenuous. Broadcasting WC cricket is a completely different ballgame (pun etc) to broadcasting a PL season.

Saying that, I am all for reserve days and, like you, would prefer them to DLS. But the other side to that coin, is not all games would be televised because of broadcasting logistics (not to mention the other scheduling nightmares for those involved, including match-going fans). Look at the way Sky treat matchgoing PL fans. They don't give a two sh*ts about them and schedule games as and when they please.

I'm not trying to stick up for broadcasters here either (I don't have a particular bias there), I am just offering my view as to the reasons for the lack of reserve days. But, as with everything, it's just a money thing.

And definitely no offence taken at all. It's just opinions

trundler

All in all, this has been the best World Cup in ages. Capped now with a great semi final game.
Wow even you are being positive. I'd call the following games stellar:

England Vs SA
SA Vs Bangladesh
Pakistan Vs England
NZ Vs Bangladesh
Australia Vs Pakistan
Pakistan Vs England
Afghanistan Vs India
Afghanistan Vs Pakistan
NZ Vs WI
Australia Vs SA
England Vs SL
SL Vs Afghanistan

This ****ing semi

Neil Young

Wow even you are being positive. I'd call the following games stellar:

England Vs SA
SA Vs Bangladesh
Pakistan Vs England
NZ Vs Bangladesh
Australia Vs Pakistan
Pakistan Vs England
Afghanistan Vs India
Afghanistan Vs Pakistan
NZ Vs WI
Australia Vs SA
England Vs SL
SL Vs Afghanistan

This ****ing semi
So good, you named it twice.

But, agreed, great World Cup. Love the round robin format and prefer it to groups. Downside being the lack of lesser nations, who WCs give great exposure to.

Cruxdude

This is such a tough loss to take. Shows how hard it is for teams not named Australia to win WCs. We have pretty much been the best limited over team since 2011 and we have just 1 CT to show for it. I am not going to blame the middle order too much. It is tough to win any chase from 5/3 and I think at least from the scorecard Pant and Pandya resurrected the chase from a dire position and sadly got out at the wrong time. Jadeja played like a champion and surely will wish he can go back to 42 needed off 4 overs and try again.

NZ were just brilliant. That catch to get DK out was one for the ages. Really hope they can somehow win this WC. :(