• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
honestbharani

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I talked to the collector and commissioner about using Public schools for migrants but they refused to use it. Then later they started using it for preparing meals for migrant workers but it took 4-5 hours in line for these poor people to collect their packets. They did the job for the sake of it.

Besides I learnt this sad fact that we Gujjus did not show any empathy towards migrants. You had to be a Gujju to get help of you didnt exist.
    I talked to the collector and commissioner about using Public schools for migrants but they refused to use it. Then later they started using it for preparing meals for migrant workers but it took 4-5 hours in line for these poor people to collect their packets. They did the job for the sake of it.

Besides I learnt this sad fact that we Gujjus did not show any empathy towards migrants. You had to be a Gujju to get help of you didnt exist.
    From 23rd, till now we have given 45,000+ food packets, 1500+ ration kits which would last for 2 weeks for the family of 4. Medicines for poors. Food for middle class elder peoples who are living alone. Masks, tea, sanitizers for police and corporation workers.

Now we too ran out of resources and trying to make sure SMC reached out to each and every needy person.

We faced a few issues where corporation blatantly refused to help non-Guj workers. We had to take them to hospital in private vehicles and arrange for their testing.

Life for next couple of years is going to be so different, I guess!
    This lockdown gave me the exact idea why my late father was so much into social work.

Lockdown was must but the way we implemented the same without any proper planning was horrible. I live in Surat where we have more than 10,00,000 non-Gujarati daily wagers who live in 10x10 rooms and lockdown means 7-8 people living in these 10x10 rooms 24x7 is a horrible thing. Many people committed suicides and government refused the local news channels or papers to cover it.

We helped 1200 workers who left on foot to reach to UP, Orissa or other parts of Gujarat. Why did they leave? They did not trust the corporation or system or governance. When we asked them they said we will get at least water and rice in our home town. We cant expect the same in the city where the builders for whom they worked refused to take care of them. (1/2)
    I think you should be careful about what you post in long threads you haven't been a significant contributor to in that way. Not to say you shouldn't post in them (if you wanted to post about how Scotty Boland did in the Sheffield Shield last round that'd be fine), but that you should probably not take the line of inquest you did in them, and perhaps raise it in another thread if you want to discuss it.

The fact that you didn't mean it intentionally has been noted, but when you've had as many scuffles you have we want you to consider the interpretations of your posts rather than just the intentions.
    Hello mate, I was just wondering if you would be able to provide any direction as far as the possible writing work you mentioned the other day goes? To be honest, I haven't had a look yet, but thought you may be aware of a good reference point to start with so I don't spend hours trolling through google searches! Thanks in advance.
    Hey HB. Not too bad. Been better. HK has been calmer last few days since the elections. Cautiously optimistic, but let's wait and see how things evolve

How are you?
    Yeah all good now thanks :) - been busy with other stuff this week but will get it all sorted tomorrow evening
    Hey sorry, some personal stuff came up and it sort of took a back seat - all good now though and I'll crack on with it ASAP
    Hey Sorry for the belated response. Would be great if you can email about podcasts - vgb2020 at gmail These notifications get buried sometimes. :) Cheers. Been a little busy too..
    Haha yeah I'm begrudgingly coming to accept that he's a talent.

Just needs to score some runs for Queensland :ph34r:
    Yeah, I really enjoyed it :) I saw your skype message - I've been busy but will upload it this evening
    Cool - I'm around all of Sunday (hopefully), so what time would work for you?
    Excellent. Has been raining incessantly in Sikkim since the last 3 months and am tired of it. Hope it all goes down to Chennai.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…