• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

10th June - Group A - England v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Bangladesh go through as they've actually won a game.

Something needs to change to prevent a situation like this from ever happening again. One NR is generally fine, but not being able to even complete a game is a terrible look no matter who it is. I'd be feeling pretty embarrassed now if we were in Bangladesh's situation.
Was Steven Bradbury embarrassed?

Hard to blame Bangladesh. Would they deserve to go through? Of course not. But it can only help them improve which is what everyone wants for world cricket, more competitive teams.

Has made for a bit of a joke of a tournament, though not sure how many people really take the "Champions Trophy" that seriously anyway tbh

mr_mister

Was Steven Bradbury embarrassed?

Hard to blame Bangladesh. Would they deserve to go through? Of course not. But it can only help them improve which is what everyone wants for world cricket, more competitive teams.

Has made for a bit of a joke of a tournament, though not sure how many people really take the "Champions Trophy" that seriously anyway tbh
It's a tournament with all the important teams. One of the few that exist. It's important

zorax

likes this
. I'd be feeling pretty embarrassed now if we were in Bangladesh's situation.
Why?

BD have played 2 full games, won 1 and lost 1

Australia haven't even completed a game.

If you want to assume the Aus-BD game goes to an Aus victory after 4 more overs (very likely I'll admit), then you also gotta accept the Aus-NZ game could have been a real thrashing in NZ's favour. Which means that if Aus lose here today, BD might still have gotten through on NRR.

Spikey

Why?

If you want to assume the Aus-BD game goes to an Aus victory after 4 more overs (very likely I'll admit), then you also gotta accept the Aus-NZ game could have been a real thrashing in NZ's favour. Which means that if Aus lose here today, BD might still have gotten through on NRR.
australia weren't even 4 for 40. They would have cruised that, bud

Black_Warrior

Why?

No because if this game is rained out, it means one of the teams in your group never got a fair chance to qualify

TheJediBrah

Why?

Two problems with your logic
1) ^That's a very big if
2) Aus were more likely to thrash BD in the rained out game than NZ were against Aus, and would likely have gotten a much better NRR

So, yeah, not really

edit: not disagreeing with you in the sense that they should be embarrassed, but more so disputing the implication that BD would deserve qualification

Last edited:

morgieb

Why?

Of course in this case I'm assuming that we would go on to win today if the rain stays away enough. I wouldn't be doing the whole "luck" thing if the score wasn't 3/30 :p

As I type this it's announced we'll get a restart, so hopefully we get enough play to at least get a result. If we do lose here then fair play.

hazsa19

This is why I love cricket. It's not raining, the pitch is ready, the players are ready, but we're not playing because the umpires have decided to start at an arbitrary time.

nick-o

Maybe they should just give one of the semi-final spots to "English weather" -- seems to have picked up more points than anyone else :)