• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

19th Match - England v West Indies

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Beamer

I think we've been well and truly found out here. Even if we had scored 280 odd we would have lost. If conditions are against us we have no variety or ability to fight back. A lot of thinking is needed between now and Monday.

Howe_zat

Aw that's a shame. He was getting a bit tied down and antsy, no runs from his last 8 balls.

Good take

MW1304

My heart is happy for a boring win. Still, it was particularly gutless from the Windies in the field. Not great to see.

Beamer

Poor from us, very professional from England and Root.

Lets hope this was our bad day at the office and we regroup for Monday.

91Jmay

I am fairly hopeful Morgie will be ok, just sweating on Roy's fitness now. Vince is not a bad player but nowhere near as good as Roy.

Bahseph

Russell is an interesting topic imo, the Windies can't expect him to tone it down and manage his injuries. His whole game is built around being explosive. Doesn't do much with the ball other than being quick and having that unnerving bounce, and his batting is built around power because I don't think he has much of a batting technique. It's a risk playing him, but you do see the upside.

PikeyB

As an England fan , I was more nervous about this fixture than any other . I saw it as a make-or-break game for England's World Cup hopes . Points and nrr don't matter much if you aint got the game to take it all the way .

Sadly Windies didn't get much chance to deploy their formidable bowling and batting attack . The toss , the injuries etc stunted their hopes early .

vcs

Root looks in some form. Will need to get him in to bat early and Bumrah to target his pads.

Howe_zat

It's not like West Indies were stuffed from the word go though? The opening spells dented their chances of putting up a really big score, but they were 145-3 after 30 and 184-5 after 36. Smarter batting could make 280+ from positions like that.