• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Agent Nationaux

12 points each. But I was kind of referencing previous discussions with Amir'Fan with my post. Which is why I relied on baseless assertions and a little lack of logic.
Actually you are correct. With our poor NRR we would have been out not England. I forgot that we got a point for the washed out game.

Anyway it doesn’t matter since you guys are in the finals. We probably would have lost to India had we played them.

Greenlite

Now, let's get into our Kane/kiwi mentality and worry about Sunday's game

they need to like replay Baz' dismissal over and over and get angry again for the final

seriously though our boys were swearing at themselves way more than usual in this game. I like it.

Neil Young

Actually you are correct. With our poor NRR we would have been out not England. I forgot that we got a point for the washed out game.

Anyway it doesn’t matter since you guys are in the finals. We probably would have lost to India had we played them.
I'll grow up and stop my unecessary trolling.

Imam, Shaheen and Babar look great talents for you guys. Babar and Shaheen particularly.

Agent Nationaux

I'll grow up and stop my unecessary trolling.

Imam, Shaheen and Babar look great talents for you guys. Babar and Shaheen particularly.
Yeah. It’s also a young team, so hopefully in 4 years they have a lot of experience under their belts. That is if they are developed properly. The PCB is good at ruining talent.

There is also Naseem Shah. 16 year old ripping through the South African u19 line up. Amazing talent.

jcas0167

From the Guardian's over by over report:

Guardian OBO: "3.27 pm
The book will always say that New Zealand beat India by 18 runs in the first semi-final of the 2019 World Cup. But you’d need thousands and thousands of words to tell the full story of a marvellous, nuanced match. It placed unreasonable demands on the brain, gut, heart, nerves, eyes and soul - and that’s just for the neutral supporters."

Athlai

Not Terrible
YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL TEAMS ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT NZ AND YOU LOOK AT INDIOA AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER TEAM YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING! BUT KANE IS A GENETIC FREAK AND WE'RE NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST TO BEAT US! AND THEN YOU ADD TRENT BOULT TO THE MIX, THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN!

SEE THE SEMI FINAL AT OLD TRAFFORD YOU GOT A 33 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT NZ HAS GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING CAUSE ENGLAND AND AUSTRALIA KNOWS THEY CAN'T BEAT US AND THEYRE NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO INDIOA YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS OUR 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT THE WORLD CUP. BUT THEN YOU TAKE OUR 75% CHANCE OF WINNING AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. WE GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING THE WORLD CUP! SENOR KOHLI?THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT OLD TRAFFORD!

z
By my calculations if they were to play this game 10 times over, NZ would win at least 14 times.
Probably the most accurate prediction I've ever made.

Neil Young

So true.

edit: the post above the post above.

edit2: The post above may also be true, but I'm not in a position to judge.

Last edited:

trundler

Whatever happens in the final, the plucky kiwis should be glad they could make it this far, even if they were generously aided by fortune.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Rooting for NZ or england now to win the cup.

Not aus please. They're just killing the world cups by not giving the opportunity to anybody else.

TheBrand

Pretty sure I could have got noise control called to my house when Guptill got Dhoni run out. HUGE. Fizzing for Sunday now, literally don't care who wins tonight.

stephen

Pretty sure I could have got noise control called to my house when Guptill got Dhoni run out. HUGE. Fizzing for Sunday now, literally don't care who wins tonight.
As it should be when your team qualifies. This is the correct attitude. India's attitude of "Oh we should beat NZ easily" was their downfall. You should always respect that your opponent is doing everything they can to beat you. But you should never care who your opponent is.

trundler

Maybe playing Bangladesh in finals made them too complacent. They thought they could win this one by just showing up too.