• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

sunilz

Both Kohli and Shashtri need to be fired asap.Don't know whose idea was to send both Pant and Hardik above Dhoni. It is known that both Pant and Pandya are not consolidators.

OverratedSanity

At 24-4, Hardik Pandya was in when Dhoni could've been. At 42 needed from 4 overs, Dhoni was in when Pandya probably could've been.

Shastri and co aren't a sharp bunch are they

OverratedSanity

Just watching the highlights, NZ were a pretty glorious mixture of mostly brilliant and a little awful. Some sloppy misfields were more than compensated by 2 moments of genuine greatness from Neesham and Guptill. Lots of nervy wides made up for by Henry learning how to bowl at the death.

sunilz

From 2011 Eng tour to yesterday , this decade would be remembered as Indian batsmen consistently embarrassing themselves against swing bowling. We need Dravid as batting coach of national team . And if Virat tries to repeat his stunt against Kumble, he should be asked to retire from the team .

veganbob

What a win! Still lost for words .

Lol what about the Jadeja celebration, looked cool as it gets to be honest.. but for a 50 (a great one sure) when your team still has a huge chance of losing a world cup semifinal. I know he was getting back at a commentator, just looks silly after losing.

Daemon

It’s really sad though that literally everything we pointed out as weaknesses about this lineup all came to fruition right on the very first knockout we played.

Everything from being poor players of swing to the soft belly that is our middle order and of course Dhoni and his strike rate woes. If only one of them stayed away last night :(

So bummed today.

NZ has gained a billion supporters though. Hope they smash whoever they play.

OverratedSanity

It’s really sad though that literally everything we pointed out as weaknesses about this lineup all came to fruition right on the very first knockout we played.

Everything from being poor players of swing to the soft belly that is our middle order and of course Dhoni and his strike rate woes. If only one of them stayed away last night :(

So bummed today.

NZ has gained a billion supporters though. Hope they smash whoever they play.
Maybe I'm alone in thinking this but even though Pandya and pant gave it away with daft shots, there was something encouraging about how calmly they set about repairing that initial damage (until they both kinda gave it away). The middle order ended up doing better than I expected.

Gob

Both Kohli and Shashtri need to be fired asap.Don't know whose idea was to send both Pant and Hardik above Dhoni. It is known that both Pant and Pandya are not consolidators.
Yeah Ravi definitely thrusted Hardik too early

White Ball

Hi all,

I have been following the forum for a while and now finally have taken the plunge and decided to join :-) as an Indian fan I am heartbroken but yesterday we played good cricket all tournament and as Kohli said lost it in 45 minutes. But that is the nature of the game. Credit to NZ they played amazing cricket and more importantly they play the game in the right spirit.