• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

38th Match - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

vcs

I think both teams would take a tie. India stay at the top of the table and England go into their last game against NZ needing a win to (most likely) qualify. Both NZ and England should go through with 11 points as they have a significant NRR advantage over Pak/Bangladesh.

Burgey

England are an absolute Monty to win this. Put everything you all have on them. They’ll win it easily.

Burner

That England HAS to win this could go against them. I can see them doing silly things that they otherwise wouldn't have.

Adders

England are an absolute Monty to win this. Put everything you all have on them. They’ll win it easily.
I think by definition if you are so confident of an England win here, it can not be called a fluke afterwards. Yes?

Burgey

I think by definition if you are so confident of an England win here, it can not be called a fluke afterwards. Yes?
Don’t be ruining my antagonising with facts ffs.

It’ll be a fluke if they win the WC. Like Pakistan in 92 - they’ll be the best side in the world for 2 weeks when it matters (get credit for that btw). It it won’t happen anyway because to win it they will have to get past India and Australia in KO games, and they’ll wilt like a knob of butter in a microwave

Daemon

It’ll be a fluke if they win the WC. Like Pakistan in 92 - they’ll be the best side in the world for 2 weeks when it matters (get credit for that btw).
Bit like how Gilchrist fluked his WC final innings

Adders

It’ll be a fluke if they win the WC. Like Pakistan in 92 - they’ll be the best side in the world for 2 weeks when it matters (get credit for that btw). It it won’t happen anyway because to win it they will have to get past India and Australia in KO games, and they’ll wilt like a knob of butter in a microwave
No. I'm not having it.

You can't in one breath lol at a team dominating for over 2 years then bottling it on the big stage (most likely very true) Then in the next, should they come good claim they fluked a couple of wins.

If (and I really don't for a second think they will) England end up wining this tourney then you need to taste it and taste it hard. No weadling out of tasting it by claiming the fluke.

If the situations were reversed and Aus came back from a disaterous start to win a WC you'd be telling us how big their naggots are and how they rose to the occasion to claim the biggest prize on the biggest stage.

Moonsorrow999

No. I'm not having it.

You can't in one breath lol at a team dominating for over 2 years then bottling it on the big stage (most likely very true) Then in the next, should they come good claim they fluked a couple of wins.

If (and I really don't for a second think they will) England end up wining this tourney then you need to taste it and taste it hard. No weadling out of tasting it by claiming the fluke.

If the situations were reversed and Aus came back from a disaterous start to win a WC you'd be telling us how big their naggots are and how they rose to the occasion to claim the biggest prize on the biggest stage.
God I check the forum for the first time in a very long time and you are still going around being the grade A **** that most people either ignore or just don't listen to.

Adders

Who the **** are you?

Edit:

And ftr whoever you are, that post you just quoted was a bit of banter between me and Burgey that has crossed over a few threads. You'd do well to not jump in when you don't know the background.........now jog on.

Last edited:

Moonsorrow999

Who the **** are you?

Edit:

And ftr whoever you are, that post you just quoted was a bit of banter between me and Burgey that has crossed over a few threads. You'd do well to not jump in when you don't know the background.........now jog on.
It's okay mate I enjoyed watching Cookie get out in the first 2 overs over the last 4 years. I miss him too!

I would jog on but your head is blocking the door. Careful, you may hurt someone.

bk19xsa

I would really like England to win. I really do. They played some great cricket and dominated for the past 3 years.

However, you just know it's not happening. You can call it a chokejob or stars getting aligned completely against them. They are just not in it anymore.

It happens in big Football leagues time to time. A team that is great and has done real well, playing attacking football just bungles it up and a team that is playing horrible football(Pakistan) somehow pieces together scrappy wins and keeps lucking out.

Has happened in Football World cups as well. Hungary in 1954 demolished teams all 4 years around. They destroyed the hosts Germany in group stage 8-3, only to mess it up bad against same team in the Finals. Brazil 82, arguably the best International football playing team, got rolled over by Italy which literally and figuratively scraped around to win the 82 tournament.

S.Africa as a cricket team have done it few times but they choked more at the last hurdle.

In England's case this tournament has just not been for them.

They will not be able to fight it out, even if they wanted to. They look deflated and their resources are just not adapting well to this World Cup, even if they are trying.

India, on the other hand, right now knows how to win from dangerous positions and fight it out right. They have the mental awareness and adaptability too.

Last edited: