• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

38th Match - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Interesting on who I would rather face in the elimination stage - England or Pakistan? I would definitely rather face England again than Pakistan.

aussie tragic

Ok I've come to my senses. C'mon India, knock over England today so that NZ can then knock them out of the cup (kiwi nation needs some cheering up apparently - they are so negative is Aus v NZ thread lol)

This should ensure Ind v Pak and Aus v NZ in the semi finals

Edit: Just realised result doesn't matter to Australia. If Eng win today, and then win against NZ, they will be 3rd and NZ 4th (above Pak/BD on NRR). Aus would then likely be top of the table so again it is an Aus Vs NZ semi, while India face a much tougher opponent in the other semi :)

Last edited:

vcs

Interesting on who I would rather face in the elimination stage - England or Pakistan? I would definitely rather face England again than Pakistan.
I don't think any team would like to face Pakistan at the moment.
This question can be interpreted in 2 ways. If you ask, "Is England a better team than Pakistan?", the answer is yes, by miles. I mean, Afghanistan threw away wickets yesterday, dropped catches, gave away at least 15 runs in misfields, had a crucial umpiring decision go against them, and still nearly beat Pakistan. Someone summed it up perfectly when they said "it's like watching Pakistan play themselves".

But.. they won, and in my opinion England have a bit of a mountain to climb to make the semis from here. Beating India and NZ back to back won't be easy, assuming Pakistan do their bit and beat Bangladesh.

Still, I'd rather face them than Pakistan because Pakistan live in a universe where logic doesn't seem to apply and I still have scars of the way they lifted their game in the last two matches in the Champions Trophy.

ankitj

I'd certainly face Pakistan than England in semi. This even after accounting for the pain a loss to Pakistan will inflict.

veganbob

Nah pakistan will fold if one of the top teams play near their best. England have choked so far but if they do make it to the semis they will b very dangerous.

aussie tragic

I hope the Kiwi's know that an India win over England tonight guarantees them a top 4 finish (should even lock in 3rd due to NRR higher than BD/Pak).

veganbob

Id rather aussie win the wc than India. Don't get me wrong I dislike the Aussies more but theyve already won 5 wcs ffs , 6 is hardly any different. I don't want to have to deal with indian fans with 2 wcs in the last 3 though.

Burgey

Yeah, that's a valid point, but arguably equally applicable to England.
Maybe, but theyve really never done anything. I mean, SA get a wrap as WC chokers, but go back and look at england’s record from 1975. I think it goes something like semis, finalist, semis, finalist, finalist up to 92 yet they never got the job done, and then they got really bad at it up til 2019.

vcs

Id rather aussie win the wc than India. Don't get me wrong I dislike the Aussies more but theyve already won 5 wcs ffs , 6 is hardly any different. I don't want to have to deal with indian fans with 2 wcs in the last 3 though.
This is a valid point. It's like Real Madrid and the Champions League, they've got something between 10 and 15 of them but no one knows or cares exactly how many because they're so far ahead it makes no difference. On the other hand, England finally winning one or Pakistan joining us on two would be unpleasant and horrifying prospects respectively.

Howe_zat

If you’re interested in being in commentary for this game, send me a vm or let me know on the discord.

h_hurricane

And to Aussies themselves. Starting from Burgey himself. Classic case of projection that Burgey finds other fans annoying.
Tbh, I thoroughly enjoyed Aussie dominance in my teens and early youth.Was always rooting for them in ashes as well against a whining and mediocre England. Watching an ATG team crush all the opponents was something to cherish.Even 2015 WC victory was okish.

Having said that, simply cannot stand them winning in 2019. They lose their heads in victories and watching them lose their heads in defeats is something to look forward to.

vcs

Tbh, I thoroughly enjoyed Aussie dominance in my teens and early youth.Was always rooting for them in ashes as well against a whining and mediocre England. Watching an ATG team crush all the opponents was something to cherish.Even 2015 WC victory was okish.

Having said that, simply cannot stand them winning in 2019. They lose their heads in victories and watching them lose their heads in defeats is something to look forward to.
Yep, that team was a pleasure to watch even if their behavior was ugly at times. Deep down, you knew that was exactly how you wanted your team to play. I didn't know any Australian fans before signing up on here so there was no annoyance to deal with either.

It was especially hilarious watching South Africa talk themselves up before every series or big match against Australia, only to meekly fold time and again.

vcs

Let's all hope Pant comes off.

According to cricinfo, he's replacing Shankar.