• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

a place for wind (bag) essays OR an ATG ATG thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cheese is over-rated and boring. Lets rank the roast dinners.

1. Roast beef
2. Roast pork
3. Roast turkey
4. Roast lamb
5. Roast chicken

IMO.

Turkey is massively under-rated though so I expect to be on my own rating it above chicken.
Lamb first I think. Hard to say.

Flem274*

123/5
roast beef is massively overrated. lamb, pork and chicken are better.

best beef is steak.

had roast pork last night actually. ****ing amazing stuff.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I kind of think the opposite. It's a pretty hard thing to actually **** up IMO; it's consistently okay without ever really being absolutely gun

I think I have a bias towards roast beef because I always get Sirloin roasts which make amazing, thick pan gravy and then have it with Yorkshire pudding. The actual beef itself in the roast is inferior to the pork and the turkey but the Yorkshire pudding and lush gravy just adds so much to it IMO. Even more than crackling adds to pork.

I rate lamb pretty low down because I'd rather have braised lamb shanks than a leg of lamb if I'm in the mood for a lamb roast-type meal.
Yeah its hard to **** up when you buy a $9.99 hot roast chook from Woolies. Its hard for me to rate my favourite meats though, I mean if I have a roll, roast beef is often a winner, but then after the crackling roast pork is awesome. Around Xmas time turkey always tastes that little bit better too - Its definitely a horses for courses thing for me though as I'm sure the English Tesco shoppers will agree.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha yeah I love Rooster Rolls, Rooster wasn't one of the 5 food groups that Pews listed though so I wasn't thinking about it. I haven't actually had a Rooster Roll from Red Rooster in ages, I don't even think I've seen a Red Rooster in Sydney now that I think about it, perhaps at the Airport. I live down the road from Gregz Chookz and Lamb and they do brilliant chooks, oops sorry chookz but they ain't roosters..

benchmark00

Haha yeah I love Rooster Rolls, Rooster wasn't one of the 5 food groups that Pews listed though so I wasn't thinking about it. I haven't actually had a Rooster Roll from Red Rooster in ages, I don't even think I've seen a Red Rooster in Sydney now that I think about it, perhaps at the Airport. I live down the road from Gregz Chookz and Lamb and they do brilliant chooks, oops sorry chookz but they ain't roosters..
Red Rooster at domestic, next to Krispy Kreme. Always double up.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Red Rooster at domestic, next to Krispy Kreme. Always double up.
Yeah I thought I had seen it there, come to think of it I have gotten food from there before but I was just being a jew (soz Klinger) and got one of those 2 dollar burgers. I've had the sushi in the middle a few times.

uvelocity

important rooster roll update: got one at cooly airport on my way to nz, but here's the thing: you can get bacon and cheese on em at the moment. unstoppable.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The best roasts are the rarer birds.

Guinea fowl is amazing.

My favourite is turkey, purely because of the occasion. Plus my mum does the best Christmas dinner.