• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone so awful you'd turn of their work?

Niall

Was thinking about this reading the PC gone mad thread...:ph34r:

Graham Linehan has wrote 2 of the best comedies of the last 30 or so years, Fr Ted and Black Books are absolute perfection, but online he has been unbearable. I try to ignore any chatter about him because I really do want to watch both shows from scratch again.

Woody Allen I just won't bother with although I still will watch Chinatown every few months.:mellow:

Music wise,,,used to like Lost Prophets, but well obviously can't listen to them anymore.

harsh.ag

Not really. Cosby's stuff is now funnier to me when I watch cause I imagine all the crazy things he must be thinking about when writing his wholesome material.

Uppercut

It affects how you experience some types of work. I don't think I'll ever read Bret Easton Ellis's books, because he's such an uninteresting prick that I'd assume any depth in his writing was completely accidental. It makes less difference to stuff like music, at least outside of extreme cases like the Lost Prophets.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Chris Benoit was my favourite wrestler as a kid for the incredible level of rage and intensity that he brought to his matches.

Niall

Chris Benoit was my favourite wrestler as a kid for the incredible level of rage and intensity that he brought to his matches.
The dude was amazing tbf.

That Mania match with HBK and Trips:D

However its depressing the amount of people who are upset he is not in the HOF.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
i listen a lot less to the Smiths now than ten years ago, but that might be due to being less of a mopey **** and therefore less receptive to Morrissey's personality anyway

cpr

It affects how you experience some types of work. I don't think I'll ever read Bret Easton Ellis's books, because he's such an uninteresting prick that I'd assume any depth in his writing was completely accidental. It makes less difference to stuff like music, at least outside of extreme cases like the Lost Prophets.

I don't think there is depth, he just lists the 80s and sticks an axe in it. American Psycho was one of the most disappointing books I've read

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In theory I should have been really keen on RATM, especially in my teens and 20s when that sort of music was in heavy rotation with me. But if anyone has suffered my politics posting then they won't need me to explain why I can't stomach them.

In fairness though that's more down to the content itself. Was I disappointed when Ryan Taylor staunchly declared his support for Corbyn? Yes. Does it ruin the memories of his wonderful free kicks? No, and he still seems a decent bloke too despite this awful deficiency.

That being said, Steve Coogan really put me off his work in full with a pre-election interview he did. Someone would have to be really obnoxious about their views to make me go, ah **** that guy.

Obv a different angle to the above though, but I've sang Gary Glitter on karaoke so maybe I'm just a bad person

Grasshopper

Chinatown's a fantastic movie tbf, and I've watched it many times.

It's an interesting question, though. Knowing that Picasso was a misogynistic arsehole doesn't make me love his art any less.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Chinatown's a fantastic movie tbf, and I've watched it many times.

It's an interesting question, though. Knowing that Picasso was a misogynistic arsehole doesn't make me love his art any less.
It's a fantastic movie, but it's also fairly heavy. Definitely not something I'd ever dream of watching more than once every five or so years at least. So far once has definitely been enough.

morgieb

i listen a lot less to the Smiths now than ten years ago, but that might be due to being less of a mopey **** and therefore less receptive to Morrissey's personality anyway
Yeah The Smiths is a good one for me. Still listen to them occassionally though.

And fortunately Morrisey's solo stuff is largely poor so I can just ignore that :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd been an admirer of Morrissey's work for over 30 years now, so his transmogrification to the worst kind of far right, little Englander, "I'm not racist, but..." ****tard has closed off a fruitful avenue of pleasure for me.

It's really hard to listen to songs like Bengali in Platforms and National Front Disco when the benefit of the doubt has been surrendered.

Louis CK is someone else whose work I've loved and has been shown to have feet of clay. I'm not sure how to feel about Louis really though; so much of his stuff was centred around him being a terrible human being and masturbation, his #metoo moment can't have been the greatest surprise.

He's seemingly not a Cosby or a Weinstein, but the power dynamic involved in his jacking off in front of female stand ups who very obviously admire him and his comedy, and whose careers he could help is, at best, troubling.

harsh.ag

Some of Louie's bits are really difficult to find funny for me now, but his show still remains top viewing