• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Playing the #4 SL team, made a decent total on a flat pitch.

End of Over 50: 358-5, runrate=7.16
De alwis 10-0-71-0
Richardson* 108 (91 balls)
Shane 13 (15 balls)

Last Wicket: Osman Run Out 26 (FOW: 315/5)

Richardson doing well again, Ashton made 95 off 89 and Watkins 74 off 60. Opening the bowling with Harewood instead of Watkins, not sure if he's good enough yet but ideally I'd like Harewood to open in future as he's destructive, and Watkins would be better used in the middle overs as a defensive bowler. Harewood has had a few decent matches against good opposition this season anyway.

mikeW

Destroyed Four Pillars and Poor Fillers

Victoria Panthers 5/316

Bertos 151*
Mills 104

Four Pillars and Poor Fillers 41 ao

Hook 4/14
Hutchinson 2/0

chaminda_00

Chasing against Thamba

Code:
End of Over 19: 112-3, runrate=5.89, reqrunrate=7.29 (337-3) 
Weston 5-0-37-0 
Muralitharan* 53 (42 balls) 
Allison 39 (35 balls)

Last Wicket: Rosenior b. Schutte 15 (FOW: 37/3)
Murali opening the batting for the first time, as that where he might bat in the future. As he will be my first remarkable bat in a months time. Hopefully he will get his first hundred here.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Against Dead Badger

End of Over 13: 58-1, runrate=4.46
Liddle 2-0-9-0
Edgehill* 16 (31 balls)
Zonke 41 (42 balls)
Last Wicket: Bullivant st. Bromby b. Oleary 0 (FOW: 0/1)

cameeel

Code:
Nicolas Talbot (1399621)

LH Batsman, LF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: 	Kipper XI
Nationality: 	Australia
Battrick Rating: 	4,082
Wages: 	£545 p/w
Stamina: 	competent 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	abysmal 	Concentration: 	feeble
Bowling: 	competent 	Consistency: 	feeble
Fielding: 	worthless
Youth pull, not too bad at all. Will probably replace Byron after a pop or two

chaminda_00

Tamil Eelam 3/337(50) - Cater-Harris 142(133), Delgado 102(88), Merry 64(58)

lost to

Jaffna Jets 5/338 (49.3) - Muralitharan 139(109), Quintin 97(82), Allison 52(46), Schutte 2/58(10), Goodlad 2/72(9.3)

Happy with that hit out, pretty close game in the end. Muralitharan first ever hundred and scored his 1000th run for club in progress, 6th to reach that milestone in Jets' history. Thamba's trainee all had a good match, looks like he has some potential. Will be interesting to see how his batsmen fair in Game 2, with Willetts replacing Tulley.

Dead Badger

Against Dead Badger

End of Over 13: 58-1, runrate=4.46
At the half-way point of your innings now:

End of Over 25: 107-2, runrate=4.28
Oldman 3-0-12-0
Edgehill* 39 (65 balls)
Gratton 13 (21 balls)

Reasonably pleased that we're restricting you (for the time being), since I was never going to bowl you out on this surface with your batting depth. A little worried that I forgot to set orders to keep my gun bats away from Mcintosh though; will have to be lucky and get through his opening spell unscathed if I'm to repeat last time's upset...

alternative

At the half-way point of your innings now:

End of Over 25: 107-2, runrate=4.28
Oldman 3-0-12-0
Edgehill* 39 (65 balls)
Gratton 13 (21 balls)

Reasonably pleased that we're restricting you (for the time being), since I was never going to bowl you out on this surface with your batting depth. A little worried that I forgot to set orders to keep my gun bats away from Mcintosh though; will have to be lucky and get through his opening spell unscathed if I'm to repeat last time's upset...
Well then, that will be interesting then. I am always hoping he can get me some early wickets, hasn't been in the best of form of late but will be interesting none the less.

Bobisback

Destroyed Four Pillars and Poor Fillers

Victoria Panthers 5/316

Bertos 151*
Mills 104

Four Pillars and Poor Fillers 41 ao

Hook 4/14
Hutchinson 2/0

tbf, Hocking and Hiller both made ducks. 41 is a pretty poor effort for your bowlers considering that.

Spitfires_Fan

oz fans XI: 231/10 (47.3) Grahame 111 (111), Woods 4/36 (9), Nolan 3/32 (10)
The Heath CC: 232/8 (44.3) Gardiner 53 (58), Gordon 3/57 (10)

The Heath CC win by 2 wickets.

After last week's fixture, in which The Heath CC narrowly triumphed by 10 runs, the second game in the series saw another see-saw game with another close finish. oz fans XI won the toss and having elected to bat, surged to 170/0, before Woods and Nolan combined to take all 10 wickets for the addition of just 61 runs.

When The Heath CC came out to bat, the prolific Grant, who made a century last week, was out early for 19, and a couple more swiftly wickets followed as oz fans XI reduced The Heath CC to 48/3. The middle order consolidated, with excellent innings from Gardiner (53) and Talbot (47*). However, wickets continued to fall, and at one stage, The Heath CC were wobbling at 200/8, needing another 32 runs to win. Out came Nolan, who followed up his earlier bowling heroics with a brave knock of 13*, supporting Talbot as they knocked off the required runs with 33 balls to spare.

This victory puts The Heath CC 2-0 up in the series, but the two sides are clearly very closely matched.

Dead Badger

Managed to pull off a win against Altoz in the end, Bromby building the innings with a stolid century, and Janes bringing it home with 53 off 36 balls. Oleary went around the park a bit, but in the end Wilde's and Pead's economy kept us in the match.

Alternative XI 269-4, Edgehill 79, Zonke 53, Pead 2-34
Beard XI 270-3 (48.5o), Bromby 107, Liebenberg 76, Mcintosh 2-69

Have you considered playing on a cracked/green pitch, Altoz? With your batting depth (which I'd never be all that likely get through, regardless of surface), hard'n'fast doesn't seem to to play to your strengths, really.

Last edited:

alternative

Managed to pull off a win against Altoz in the end, Bromby building the innings with a stolid century, and Janes bringing it home with 53 off 36 balls. Oleary went around the park a bit, but in the end Wilde's and Pead's economy kept us in the match.

Alternative XI 269-4, Edgehill 79, Zonke 53, Pead 2-34
Beard XI 270-3 (48.5o), Bromby 107, Liebenberg 76, Mcintosh 2-69

Have you considered playing on a cracked/green pitch, Altoz? With your batting depth (which I'd never be all that likely get through, regardless of surface), hard'n'fast doesn't seem to to play to your strengths, really.
Congrats mate.

I have thought about making it green pitch, but i thought i would wait for the end of the season but i guess there is no harm in doing it right about now. Thanx for that tip champ.

FaaipDeOiad

I just got this YP, and I've got a couple of queries.

Code:
David Atkinson (1401745)

LH Batsman, LM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A steady player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: 	Henry's Dream
Nationality: 	Australia
Battrick Rating: 	8,466
Wages: 	£1,077 p/w
Stamina: 	competent 	Wicket Keeping: 	feeble
Batting: 	worthless 	Concentration: 	worthless
Bowling: 	respectable 	Consistency: 	respectable
Fielding: 	worthless
Firstly, I can afford to give him two nets ATM. Should I go for two bowling, one bowling and one stam, or one bowling and one fielding? And if he opens the bowling, will the fact that he's only LM make any difference? I've also got a RFM I use at first change, so I could easily open with him.

Bobisback

I would chuck him on 2 bowling nets for sure. His Consistency is already high enough to not need a fielding net for a few seasons. Also, about bowling him as an opener, i would suggest chucking him in first change.

andyc

Gun of a YP Sean, very close to proficient too. Agree with Dwyer though, go two bowling nets, and probably just have him at first change for now. That said, one of my openers is an RM and I don't think it has that much effect, but it'd be probably be best to have him at first change. He's only there for me cause I don't have anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.