• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Awful people you still engage with

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, I am a civil servant.

I'm not in enforcement but my job deals with the rehabilitation of all kinds of people you wouldn't use as a babysitter.

Essentially in the UK when people with convictions for violent or rumpy-pumpy related crimes are released and are deemed to be a risk to Joe Public they have a multi-agency public protection arrangement (MAPPA) that's reviewed periodically and shared amongst the police, probation, local authority and department for work and pensions (where I work).

There's a TV show in the UK called 24 Hours in Police Custody that deals with (hey) the crucial first 24 hours of police work after murders. One of my charges featured in January this year. Stabbed a fellow drug dealer to death.

Local boy made good!

cpr

HMRC was in on that too IIRC, I worked in the Secure Management Unit for Tax Credits in my last gig there, and we had a proper locked off room (not connected to the intranet level of disconnection - the Director of Benefits and Credits was denied entry because Whitehall couldn't confirm his vetting level was high enough ffs) that dealt with those type.

Of course, HMRC being HMRC, I was managing the contact centre that covered the staff in there, before my clearance came through, so couldn't actually monitor their work. Then they wouldn't put me through vetting because, and I quote, 'It'd cost too much and we know you want to move departments anyway' (They wouldn't let me move departments is the entire reason why I left)

Also Brumby you could've avoided this conversation by just saying Morrissey, we know which is worse...

Matteh

Meanwhile at Ofsted, I had a parent ring me to complain that the school only had photos of white kids playing cricket in the prospectus. They had the misfortune of speaking to someone who is in no way an empath.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
there's someone work who is easily the worst person there. just absolutely dire but has been there for ages and has tenure i think. they do more harm than good and are just unpleasant to deal with, in ways which are hard to describe because they're not and out and out **** or anything

Line and Length

Players who don't accurately count their strokes on the golf course. I've correct them but usually get some lame response like. "We're not playing for sheep stations."

If you cheat yourself you'll cheat anyone!

Adders

I've got one that's very close to home and tbh I really struggle with.

I was best man at this guys wedding around 15 years ago and up until probably 10 years ago I'd have definitely said he was my best mate. He's a (very) simple (read dumb) bloke but has a huge heart........but he is also a Pauline Hanson loving filthy racist.

I tend to keep him at arms length these days and don't see much of him, but I also know that when **** comes to shove the guy would do anything for me. I feel a bit weak tbh not cutting him from my life totally because I know these ignorant views will never change unless people make a stand against them........but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it.

Burgey

In my professional capacity I've had to engage with some real hardcore scumbags, including but not limited to pederasts, rapists, wifebeaters and murderers.

Not one of them has ever made me think, "yeah, he's a good bloke apart from the..."

Yer paeds are the most whinging, self-pitying bunch of ****s out there. If they're not in complete denial of the offence a lot of them fail to see anything is wrong with what they've done.
I didn’t realise you’d joined the seminary mate

Burgey

Players who don't accurately count their strokes on the golf course. I've correct them but usually get some lame response like. "We're not playing for sheep stations."

If you cheat yourself you'll cheat anyone!
Anyone who cheats on the golf course deserves to be euthanised on the spot

mr_mister

i'm pretty good at cutting people out of my life when i'm sick of them, wouldn't say i keep in contact with anyone i consider awful

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
jk rowling is climbing up a lot of people's lists
What a shitshow.

Pointessly provocative to begin with (I mean she's tweeting something Julia Hartley-Brewer basically tweeted a few weeks earlier so...) but the abuse in return has been somewhat unedifying.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
]\
Pointessly provocative to begin with (I mean she's tweeting something Julia Hartley-Brewer basically tweeted a few weeks earlier so...) but the abuse in return has been somewhat unedifying.
basically a large scale rendering of debates i've read on and off for a few years

can't say she didn't knew what waters she was stirring up imo.

anyway, for answer it's obviously my job colleagues

Uppercut

What a shitshow.

I mean it's a properly **** opinion, but I do find it a bit weird that a children's author holding a **** opinion is a global top story.