• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Members IV

cpr

I'd lay good money on Heath as having a good shot at the title tbh, he's the candidate i'm backing. Would be a travesty if he didnt at least make the semi's

Mr Casson

GeraintIsMyHero said:
Early odds from GIMH Betting:

Brumby Evens (Fav)
Gelman 3-1
McNamara 4-1
cpr 4-1

More to follows
Good luck laying ****s (even popular ones) at $2-3 pre-post when there are like 100 entrants. Even as far as Jewish prices go you're being a real fershtinkiner there. :p

HeathDavisSpeed

:ph34r:
Good luck laying ****s (even popular ones) at $2-3 pre-post when there are like 100 entrants. Even as far as Jewish prices go you're being a real fershtinkiner there. :p
If its anything like a TAB futures book, you won't even get a refund if your runner doesn't make the starting gates. Futures Fixed Odds is really the betting choice of chumps.

My money's on Bond21.

As for the number of entrants, I think its worth considering increasing the field size as The Only Vimes that Bites has suggested. I made the line up last year despite only having about 500 posts. It'd be good to have some of the next generation in there; should be some decent new members from this year who deserve an entry (e.g. 99*, Leslie :ph34r: )

Mr Casson

:ph34r:

If its anything like a TAB futures book, you won't even get a refund if your runner doesn't make the starting gates. Futures Fixed Odds is really the betting choice of chumps.
Same as anywhere, not just the TAB... that's the risk you take with pre-post markets, and that's why it's almost criminal not to wait for final field. Had a cracking bit of fortune like that recently though, except in tennis rather than horse racing. Took Sharapova at $7 to win the French Open or something when she was second favourite behind Justine Henin, who just happened to retire this week. :D

HeathDavisSpeed

Same as anywhere, not just the TAB...
I did wonder. Are the futures odds as **** everywhere else.

For example, I think Princess Coup is $10 on the Futures book to win the Kelt Capital Stakes... That race is in about 6 months. Who knows whether the horse will be dog meat and glue by then, let alone whether it'll reach the starting gate. $10 is appalling as an opening price on a futures book. At least wait until there's some money on it before slashing the odds.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ha. I was gonna withdraw my candidacy for this year as I've had my time in the sun with back-to-back wins (:cool:), but with sledger & GIMH saying I'm beatable it'd make me look like a jibber now. :ph34r:
I did list you as favourite...and I rate you second to none...just wanna see the title passed around :p

cpr

Who won the first one for the record? Know Brumby's on a hat trick this year.

HeathDavisSpeed

I'm thinking some people who should be the compo are missing:

Athlai, Headhunter, Zinzan, NUFAN, The Sean, Shaggy Alfresco, Chubb, Kiwininja, Lillian Thompson, cpr, Burgey