• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Four

brenoevo

was looking ok keeping the run rate under 6 till the final 10 overs when they jus went bezerk. Nibbs batting first at the end of his 50 overs is....
End of Over 50: 317-3, runrate=6.34
Crainey 10-0-76-2
Hamshaw* 61 (43 balls)
Duggan 156 (147 balls)
Cant see my dudes chasing that kind of total down.

brenoevo

Well that sucked ended up losing by 207 runs. Got bowled out for 110. My top order were very ordinary, only Jayasuriya managed to do something n scored 48. Ratings....

College Dropouts Whenuapai CC
Top Order: quality quality
Middle Order: mediocre respectable
Lower Order: abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: strong strong
Spin Bowling: competent quality
Fielding: woeful feeble
MOTM: Duggan

Scaly piscine

Put Withington Wonderers in to bat. He's 128-3 off 31 overs on a sunny day, green pitch. Dillon has two wickets but is coming to the end of his 10, Lisbie has the other wicket. Hoping for a collapse at the end so I can chase around 200.

Mahindinho

Not _quite_ eleven - more like six ;)

Sandwith and Reed are my best batsmen, by a long long way...and they both failed miserably AGAIN :(

Hirst, Brooker and John my best bowlers, with Gibb not far behind.

I've got Brooker coming back early for his second spell this time - if that goes wicketless, the smart money would be with Scaly.

Tight match so far - my boys like to give the spectators a good time, unfortunately.

Mahindinho

Brooker and John leaking runs in their first overs back...Packer and Dillon going along nicely...I REALLY need some wickets.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Dillon out. Scaly`s not heaps infront of the run-rate and four-down, you have a good shot.

Scaly piscine

Setting it up nicely for a 2 over 5-fer for John I reckon. Packer usually gets out in the 41st over if he bats that long.

Edit: Got run out first. To save anyone the trouble, Appleby, Barton = crap - the rest are bowlers who should be able to hold a bat but don't because it's Battrick.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hirst strikes! Classic match this.

EDIT: Double strike! Withington should take this now, bar some Lisbie magic.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
18 to win, 7 overs left, 3 wickets in hand. Piscine CC may really feel the loss of those early wickets.

EDIT: 13 to win, 6 overs, 3 wickets.

Last edited: