• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Member interviews

duffer

That post in #12 is an absolute must read btw, if you haven't already.
Yes, yes it is.

Caste feeling still a huge thing in India today. I mean Yuvi made a casteist remark on a poddy with Rohit recently, joking about Chahal's caste.

zorax

likes this
it's almost like Teja was getting so many compliments for that post he decided to go and **** the bed in the mafia game to compensate

Teja.

Global Moderator
Thanks everyone, it was a blast writing that up.

np, the book is 'The Untouchables: Who Were They And Why They Became Untouchables ?' by BR Ambedkar. 'Who were the Shudras?' is also of a similar genre.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Thanks everyone, it was a blast writing that up.

np, the book is 'The Untouchables: Who Were They And Why They Became Untouchables ?' by BR Ambedkar. 'Who were the Shudras?' is also of a similar genre.
Yeah that post got me to read those books when you first posted it! Thanks for that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I will say re: his books, there is a lot of conjecture and analysis. He logically extrapolates a lot of things - the man was clearly brilliant and all his conclusions make sense and I tend to believe them, but the historical proof is thin. That’s not his fault - no one has the records so this is the best you can do.

Brilliant work though.

Daemon

Yeah, you do get the sense while reading the post that not everything can be so seamlessly connected in a chain of events and have a single primary cause for every effect. There is only so much detail and nuance you can incorporate into a summary though, and Teja nailed it.

Uppercut

I will say re: his books, there is a lot of conjecture and analysis. He logically extrapolates a lot of things - the man was clearly brilliant and all his conclusions make sense and I tend to believe them, but the historical proof is thin. That’s not his fault - no one has the records so this is the best you can do.

Brilliant work though.
I found Ambedkar to be very explicit about the assumptions he’s making, to the point where the constant qualifications bog the book down somewhat. I get why he needed to do that, but Teja’s style is more fun to read.