• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Premier League - Draft Thread (Slight changes - see OP)

Marcuss

AB De Villiers
Adam Gilchrist
Brad Haddin
Brendon McCullum
Craig Kieswetter
Heino Kuhn
James Foster
Kamran Akmal
Kumar Sangakarra
Lanka De Silva
Mark Boucher
Matt Prior
MS Dhoni
Nic Pothas
Sarfaz Ahmed
Steve Davies

They're all in the database as WKs already, though if somebody wanted to make somebody like Dilshan/Umar Akmal keep then it could be done so long as I'm told.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really want to know before I pick - does the database include results for the 2010 season itself?
The CPL Season 1 database is updated to August 2009. I'd be willing to supply the Season 2 one which is updated to about two weeks ago and is far more sophisticated in how it deals with different competitions (it'd also allow everyone to pick whoever they liked) but as the draft has already started and people have been picking on the given criteria already it might be a bit unfair.

GotSpin

My Team Name is The Moops and we're proudly sponsored by Vandelay Industries. Already ahead of Cricket Australia IMO

ps. If I have to get banned I'll forward my selection to a team rep

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
The CPL Season 1 database is updated to August 2009. I'd be willing to supply the Season 2 one which is updated to about two weeks ago and is far more sophisticated in how it deals with different competitions (it'd also allow everyone to pick whoever they liked) but as the draft has already started and people have been picking on the given criteria already it might be a bit unfair.
Don't really think any of the chosen players would dip all that much from CPL season 1 to 2's database besides Ponting and Murali. And since they have soooo much form behind them the dip shouldn't change the fact that they are world class all that much.

Spark

Global Moderator
That's kind of why I've decided to stick with the old, yeah. Too quick :p

However if people are happy to use it then I'm happy to use it too.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Is round 2 reversed?
I was thinking of randomizing it again, but since people want to do it reverse I'm happy to do that.

EDIT: For some reason I can't edit the OP... I've got the picks down on spreadsheet though. Could a mod fix that for me?

Last edited:

vcs

I was thinking of randomizing it again, but since people want to do it reverse I'm happy to do that.

EDIT: For some reason I can't edit the OP... I've got the picks down on spreadsheet though. Could a mod fix that for me?
You can't edit posts after 24 hours or more have passed. I remember making a thread about this in the Site Discussion forum once. I think it should be permissible to update opening posts in threads of this nature for as long as necessary.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Has to be reversed to try and even out the fact that those at the bottom of round 1 have already missed out on the best picks so deserve a shot at the best of the rest.

Random is bound to put some people at the bottom twice in a row.

Spark

Global Moderator
You can't edit posts after 24 hours or more have passed. I remember making a thread about this in the Site Discussion forum once. I think it should be permissible to update opening posts in threads of this nature for as long as necessary.
That's a pain. Is that inbuilt into the site code or is it an option that mods can fix?

vcs

That's a pain. Is that inbuilt into the site code or is it an option that mods can fix?
I think it can be done. But I think only mods have the option of editing posts that are more than 24 hours old.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's kind of why I've decided to stick with the old, yeah. Too quick :p

However if people are happy to use it then I'm happy to use it too.
Looking at the picks so far, I don't think anyone would be pissed off by the use of an updated roster. In fact, since Trott has been picked, I'm thinking people didn't quite grasp how old the old one was. :p

Decision needs to be made extremely soon though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Spark will be a mod of the subforum for this anyway so it won't matter.