• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do many Indians want to appear more white?

Stapel

I was just watching India - Sri Lanka on Ten Sports. There was a commercial for a skin cream (for men) which makes one to appear more white....

That baffled me.

Why is that??

Himannv

Tanned people want to get white and white people want to get tanned. What can I say, people are idiots and have no clue what they want.

Craig

World Traveller
Some people are just inscure. You are what you are, and be proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

********* YEAH................................

vcs

The ads are ridiculous, bordering on racist and should be censored IMO.

andyc

Same deal in China tbh. Have seen an ad in which a girl's boyfriend actually broke up with her because she was too dark (until she used the product, obv).

Grass is always greener, etc.

Sir Alex

Banned
Some people are just inscure. You are what you are, and be proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong in trying to be well groomed. Although I don't disagree with the means adopted for it.

blahblahblah

The ads are ridiculous, bordering on racist and should be censored IMO.
i agree

but its not guy`s but gals opinions that guys are bad if they look dark

but i say u r wat u r and must be proud of it

masterblaster

Who cares. Spray on tan and whitening cream is in the same category as far as I'm concerned. White people want to look tanned, Indian people want to look fair. A person who uses spray on tan is just as insecure as someone who uses whitening cream and vice versa.

masterblaster

i agree

I don't really think girls care all that much. If you are outgoing, confident in yourself, take good care of yourself and have a good personality I doubt girls really care what skin colour you are. It's really all about how you present yourself as a person. Like you say, be proud of who you are and your background.

Himannv

i agree

Disagree. Women dont know what they want.

Some say they want fair guys and end up going out with dark guys. Others say they like dark guys and go out with fair ones. At the end of the day, the only thing that women really want is confidence. A man's got to be a man.

cpr

Its so pathetically annoying both ways really. It means I have to keep changing the contrast on my moniter.

duffer

Most of the Indian dudes I know want to be black. They need to go back to the albino loving roots of their motherland, becoming uncultured living abroad.

Faisal1985

Disagree. Women dont know what they want.

Some say they want fair guys and end up going out with dark guys. Others say they like dark guys and go out with fair ones. At the end of the day, the only thing that women really want is confidence. A man's got to be a man.
Darn it!!!...i always thought otherwise...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Girls have huge complexes in India if they are wheatish and you can't blame them, given the taste (lack of) of Indian guys.