• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
good poster Hurricane, we did have a fallout once and it was good learning.

Come back when test cricket is on, it'll be a better place.

P.S. Also why do you feel not protected with sledger and zorax around? I mean why don't you put them on the ignore list? It's pretty useful and it helps keep negativity off

watson

Banned
CW will be significantly more boring without you Hurricane, so I'd like to see you stick around.

Also, one of life's principles is to never let a bully win. You leave because you really want to leave, not because some git chooses to play a game of psychological warfare against you. If the git continues to be a git then ignore them completely, and only post with people that actually care a little.

Paradoxically, if you are targeted by a git then take it as a back-handed complement. Gits generally target people who are genuinely nice, and rarely target fellow arseholes. This is because bullies can't hack being bullied themselves. They're too weak and insecure - which of course is why they are gits in the first place.

Last edited:

Gnske

Wait, this isn't a bait post? Surely one that goes from "Two people argued with me so I'm going to leave" to "My life is so hard and a few people disagreeing with me mostly in jest on an online forum has precipitated such a reaction" can't be genuine.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wait, this isn't a bait post? Surely one that goes from "Two people argued with me so I'm going to leave" to "My life is so hard and a few people disagreeing with me mostly in jest has precipitated such a reaction" can't be genuine.
Definitely a genuine post.

HeathDavisSpeed

Wait, this isn't a bait post? Surely one that goes from "Two people argued with me so I'm going to leave" to "My life is so hard and a few people disagreeing with me mostly in jest on an online forum has precipitated such a reaction" can't be genuine.
It's almost like assessments about how other people might react to circumstances can't always be predicted, and that subtext, body language and visual cues are completely lost when exchanging views on an internet forum.

EDIT: For the record, I'm cranky. I've had a headache since last Tuesday.

Last edited:

Bahnz

I think you've misread the tone of spikey's and to some extent Zorax's posts. They're harmless and being prat(ter)s is part of their shtick.

Give yourself a week, come back if you feel like it and post a new GoT predictions post or summarise what the other blokes have said about this weeks and if they were right or wrong. It's not the end of the world and we're your mates.

The majority of the posters in this thread (including myself) are ****s. But hey, this is CW, they're our ****s.
Yeah, I don't think he misread the tone of zorax's posts at all. The Voges sitting ovation debacle actually got really nasty and personal. I disagree with Hurricane quite a lot (often quite heatedly), but I'd get probably clear off CW myself if someone told me that I was a pathetic lonely old man.

Anyway, I do hope H'Cane comes back, for the most part I actually really enjoyed getting into arguments with him. Nobody does being "wrong on the internet" quite like him.

On the plus side though, maybe his one man crusade to make "Ross is Boss" a thing will finally be put to bed.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah, I don't think he misread the tone of zorax's posts at all. The Voges sitting ovation debacle actually got really nasty and personal. I disagree with Hurricane quite a lot (often quite heatedly), but I'd get probably clear off CW myself if someone told me that I was a pathetic lonely old man.

Anyway, I do hope H'Cane comes back, for the most part I actually really enjoyed getting into arguments with him. Nobody does being "wrong on the internet" quite like him.

On the plus side though, maybe his one man crusade to make "Ross is Boss" a thing will finally be put to bed.
The some extent side of it I alluded to it was regarding how I think Zorax perceives what he is saying. I don't think he intends a lot of malice and his posting persona has transformed into a more aggro character than he really probably is.

zorax

likes this
Nah, malice was intended. Hurricane had it coming. And if a bunch of words on a screen from a faceless 'bully' that he can always put on ignore causes him so much distress, then so be it. Him choosing to stop engaging with an entire online community on the basis of one member publically attacking him tells me that he has an incredibly thin skin and/or believes that he is such a special little cupcake that he is above and beyond criticism.

A drama queen with a large and fragile ego who needs to feel 'protected'. Stubborn and oblivious to the world and people around him. Always the victim, never in the wrong, and yet holier than thou.

There was no misunderstanding between Hurricane and I with regards to that post. He understood me just fine. He clearly still doesn't understand what he did to deserve that tho, and thats the one of the reasons he got that spray to begin with.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah, malice was intended. Hurricane had it coming. And if a bunch of words on a screen from a faceless 'bully' that he can always put on ignore causes him so much distress, then so be it. Him choosing to stop engaging with an entire online community on the basis of one member publically attacking him tells me that he has an incredibly thin skin and/or believes that he is such a special little cupcake that he is above and beyond criticism.

A drama queen with a large and fragile ego who needs to feel 'protected'. Stubborn and oblivious to the world and people around him. Always the victim, never in the wrong, and yet holier than thou.

There was no misunderstanding between Hurricane and I with regards to that post. He understood me just fine. He clearly still doesn't understand what he did to deserve that tho, and thats the one of the reasons he got that spray to begin with.
Have a spell then.

hendrix

I know holier than thou posting can be annoying and even offensive - and yeah, asking for bannings is fanatical, but you can just take the high road.

HeathDavisSpeed

In honour of Hurricane, I'm going to do a minute sit-down each time a batsman scores a cheeky ton that has warranted a standing ovation. Travel safe, mate. I for one will miss those Hurricanisms and idiosyncrasies.

Daemon

People have been bullied far worse and for far less on this very forum. Who even bullied him here besides zorax? In fact he masterfully avoided any sort of confrontation by simply refusing to engage when he was in the wrong.

Arguing with Hurricane at times was absolutely frustrating and he genuinely looked down on people, especially those younger than him and Australians. He even seemed to think New Zealanders were morally superior beings ffs.

Zorax calling him a lonely old man was not good at all, but he speaks the truth about how Hurricane never thought he was in the wrong. It's unfortunate that he could never take on board criticism when people called him out on it.

Anyways, I genuinely hope he's not too affected irl because he did seem like someone who tried really hard to be nice all things considered. (Sorry but that's the most praise I can give you Cane)

fredfertang

Zorax calling him a lonely old man was not good at all, but he speaks the truth about how Hurricane never thought he was in the wrong. It's unfortunate that he could never take on board criticism when people called him out on it.
There's nowt wrong with being a lonely old man - its the young 'uns who have nothing better to do than interact on internet forums that I feel sorry for

Status
Not open for further replies.