• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane

I am going to leave CW. For whatever reason I have become a pariah on this site. And the recommendation for anyone when that happens on any site is to move on to fresh territory.

I will never know why Spikey just went full nuclear on me without provocation. And I will never know why Zorax was so incensed about me not giving Adam Voges a standing ovation.

One thing I do know is that neither of them were banned for their actions and that makes me feel like I am not protected.

The advantages of me moving on is that Flem274* can come out of lurk mode and make more hypothetical statements about KW getting 180 wickets without anyone contradicting him or poking fun at him for suggesting it. I am sure he will be pleased with that news.

I will miss CW I really will. When I moved back from Canada to New Zealand it took me a while to make some real life friends in this city. So for a few years my only social life was my real life cricket team and weird avatars on the Internet with user names like Athlai, HeathDavis, and many more.

On Monday nights I can recall coming home and just inventing a topic and having a yarn for 3-4 hours.

As I grew more experienced as a poster I started telling the truth less. At lot of the "Fresh News" and "rumour mill news" I passed along in the New Zealand threads were pure fiction e.g. Munro wants to be a keeper etc. Most people knew it was BS but liked it anyway as it gave us something to talk to talk about!
And that was the key thing something to talk about.

I never really got into the Off topic part of the web site. But I was PROLIFIC in the crabs sub forum for a while. Which is like an off topic discussion. That sub forum will be missed as well.

Apparently Benchmark went around and evaluated everybody in some good bye post he made. I won't be doing that, primarily because I am too lazy and too self absorbed tbh to have observations of note on anyone else haha (that was a joke). Which is something that I had to continuously do during my time on CW - noting down when I was joking - but then again it is hard to tell when anyone is joking on the Internet as you can't hear the person's voice.

Yes I will miss CW. Well some of you I won't miss. e.g Zorax etc. But I will miss most of you. I thought we had a good community. We had our own more's and memes and everything.
But all good things must come to a close.

Everyone lives a hard life. That is how life works. If you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth, life has something waiting for you. Life is Hard. Always has been, always will be.

I am not going to open up, even now, and talk about the hardships in my life, but what they do mean is that I can't afford to be around negative people who are harrassing me deliberately.

I wrote an email to the moderators just now and I said I perceive myself as a helpful and positive poster, why are people targeting me? They were unable to help with any insight on that question. I am sure I must have made some ill advised posts along the way, however no one is perfect and no one should be given extrended grief.

In my humble opinion anyway.

All for now

CW

Kia Kaha ("stay strong" for the Non New Zealanders)

Hurricane

Spikey

i hope everyone learns that you don't mix last man standing comps with prediction elements.

also you werent winning daemon

harsh.ag

Dude CW just voted for you over Riggins ffs man. That's nowhere near being a pariah. However I respect your wishes should you chose to stick to this being your last post. Cheers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Take some time off and then consider coming back when there is some good cricket on.

Lillian Thomson

There are two possible reasons for announcing you're leaving a forum. One, you hope to get your ego stroked by other members begging you not to leave, or two, you discover the person you've befriended is a lesbian with piles.

Status
Not open for further replies.