• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedSanity

Pretty disappointed that it's come to this. I had much the same problems with Hurricane as Daemon, and his patronizing tone and ageism was grating.

I thought it was thick of him that he didn't realise why zorax was angry with him when it's been explained to him repeatedly the reason zorax flew into a rage wasn't because of hurricane saying he wouldn't applaud Voges but because he made condescending remarks to zorax and told him to basically **** off to the IPL thread.

Still, I said it at the time and I'll say it again, zorax went way OTT with his response. I mean, I get why he was angry but he could've made his point without being so nasty. Thought it was pretty poor from both sides, really.

Despite the infuriating nature of some of his posting, hurricane was overall, an extremely positive contributor to the place, and I hope he comes back. I'm not going to make some low effort joke about it being obvious that he'll be back because saying that just reduces the chance of him actually coming back. I'm not sure what provoked him to make this thread since Spikey's posts were absolutely harmless, but I guess you can never say what's going on in someone's head. Jono's advice was on point, imo. Hope hurricane just takes a break and comes back in time to watch NZ lose a big test series :ph34r:

OverratedSanity

Nah, malice was intended. Hurricane had it coming. And if a bunch of words on a screen from a faceless 'bully' that he can always put on ignore causes him so much distress, then so be it. Him choosing to stop engaging with an entire online community on the basis of one member publically attacking him tells me that he has an incredibly thin skin and/or believes that he is such a special little cupcake that he is above and beyond criticism.

A drama queen with a large and fragile ego who needs to feel 'protected'. Stubborn and oblivious to the world and people around him. Always the victim, never in the wrong, and yet holier than thou.

There was no misunderstanding between Hurricane and I with regards to that post. He understood me just fine. He clearly still doesn't understand what he did to deserve that tho, and thats the one of the reasons he got that spray to begin with.
He didn't read that post of yours anyway iirc :ph34r:

zorax

likes this
Yeah I don't know the story behind this.
There's no story. Hurricane was being stubborn, as always. I called him out on it. He replied back telling me to know my place as an IPL-thread poster. I snapped and raged at him. I have no regrets over anything I said. Hurricane had a waah about it. Put me on ignore. I was told to stop harrasing him so I did. End of story.

As far as internet bullying goes, this barely registers. But it clearly was enough for this fragile little snowflake to mention me twice in his final post before he leaves the site. Oh well.

duffer

There's no story. Hurricane was being stubborn, as always. I called him out on it. He replied back telling me to know my place as an IPL-thread poster. I snapped and raged at him. I have no regrets over anything I said. Hurricane had a waah about it. Put me on ignore. I was told to stop harrasing him so I did. End of story.

As far as internet bullying goes, this barely registers. But it clearly was enough for this fragile little snowflake to mention me twice in his final post before he leaves the site. Oh well.
Haha, what an insult. Hurri is hardcore.

zorax

likes this
Indeed. And yet he plays the victim card here. Somehow being a passive aggressive, condescending dick is more forgiveable in his mind than being an outspoken, blunt one.

HeathDavisSpeed

Indeed. And yet he plays the victim card here. Somehow being a passive aggressive, condescending dick is more forgiveable in his mind than being an outspoken, blunt one.
Time to shut up. He's gone and you've made your point at least 3 times in this thread. End of.

G.I.Joe

He didn't read that post of yours anyway iirc :ph34r:
Wait, so he refused to read zorax's post back then, and now he laments that he'll never know why he was so incensed at him?

Call me House M.D. as I brilliantly diagnose here a terminal case of the stupids.

fredfertang

Hadn't seen it before - must be the best put down in CW history, and that's up against some stiff opposition - all the more amusing because it wasn't fair (although I dare say was entirely justified at the time)

Smudge

I'm no great fan of Hurricane, but it's clear from anyone who has read his messages that he's not what you dub a regular poster. He certainly has a different personality which matched up to what he was like when I (and a few others) met him a few years ago.

Intense could be the right word - I dunno.

But my point is he takes criticism very personally - that's obviously not a good thing when you get him against a couple of posters who don't like his posting style.

As HDS said, everyone's point has been made. Not much more to be gained from this.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
Sometimes people have **** going on in their real life and a forum can be a break from that. Sometimes RL stuff can make you hypersensitive to stuff online.

No point being harsh with people you don't know over a game we all enjoy IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.