• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greek mythology mafia - Game over - insert coin

zorax

likes this
Do we have a 3P? MG's initial write up suggests we don't. I think with 17 we're looking at 12 v 5 or 13 v 4.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Do we have a 3P? MG's initial write up suggests we don't. I think with 17 we're looking at 12 v 5 or 13 v 4.
Yeah fair point. Do the write ups normally tell us if there's a 3P? Would be inclined to agree though

Uppercut

I think most third parties wouldn't feature in the write-up. At the risk of being unsporting by second-guessing the mod, I'd imagine the theme has too much potential for interesting 3P characters to ignore when setting up the game. But there's not really any way to tell and it wouldn't even be especially useful to know at this stage.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I don't think it matters that much. It was more of an aside in terms of wondering the game makeup, but not something there's real mileage in exploring with a close to full house.

AndyZaltzHair

Interesting

I can see few weighing up to defend halsey’s report already. In any case we should keep eyes on Daemon/NP10

Tom Halsey

Does it match with the information you were expecting to get? Or did you just happen to recieve the incriminating info?

I think it might be too good to be true if it's the latter. Referencing mechanics of the previous game in a very meta way sounds weirder than maf sending system messages to try and get a mislynch.
Not sent by maf. Am 100% confident in the info.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bold play if he's lying.

So to my mind we have two choices:

1. Take a 50/50 chance on lynching one of them. It's a big game so arguably not disastrous if we go two down
2. Two investigative roles on the case tonight and bring the info to the table tomorrow. In theory safer, but on the other hand they could lawyer, investigator could get killed or roleblocked etc and then we are back to option 1 tomorrow arguably.

My head says go with option 2 but to at least get something moving I'm going to ​lynch nightprowler

AndyZaltzHair

Sounds like GIMH has something on np10. I believe halsey is telling the truth but remember last game that UpperCut was sure he’s ‘sane’ cop but turned out not so. Lets wait to hear from np10 before lynching.

Teja.

Global Moderator
There's a possibility that I'm missing relevant game mechanics information here but:

If we are to accept and proceed with the information Halsey is providing here to proceed with a lynch, we have to assume that both the messenger who sent the information as well as Halsey are town and acting in the best interests of town.

Let's assume the messenger is operating in good faith then (i) The messenger is a townie, (ii) said townie despite already having a main ability (messenger) also somehow has important investigative information about who mafia is (iii) If the information is received through investigation, either by him or through an associate, he would have received the information only after the night is over and would have to send the message next night. However, the fact that he sent the message with the information as his night action itself, means that, he had that information by default without using any night action i.e. in his write-up (not accounting for mafia qt as we are assuming good faith) (iv) said townie has reason to believe Halsey is townie.

Therefore if you believe this is good faith townie information, you have to assume the messenger has important information on the identity of mafia by default while neither using their night action nor anyone else using their night action (even assuming a town mini-QT). This sounds extraordinarily unlikely to me.

The far likelier outcome is mafia/prankster who knows exactly who mafia/town are and sending a mixed message to confuse town and control the frame of discussion from early on.

In addition, there's a very obvious Olympian (maf) candidate who was one of the 12 olympians and the messenger of the gods who was also known as a 'divine trickster'. Hmm.

In myth, Hermes functioned as the emissary and messenger of the gods,[6] and was often presented as the son of Zeus and Maia, the Pleiad. Just as well, he is regarded as "the divine trickster,"[7] for which Homer offers the most popular account in his Hymn to Hermes.[8]
In the above light, how is Halsey 100% sure of the source of this extremely suspect message? If Halsey was town and received this information, would he wait for a round or two to get more info on np and Daemon, maybe press for more information without revealing all his cards instead of just doing this? It seems quite unnatural tbh.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

As to revealing the info, it might have been a mistake. Merits for revealing it and sitting on it. I posted it partly as I didn't expect to be around for a while and thought it was of use to town. But yeah it might have been better to keep to myself. In any case, if I turn up dead at any point and one or both of those are still alive, it is worth knowing I was 100% confident in the info.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I thought it was 'a message and included in it was information that zorax or np were mafia' as opposed to a standard report tbh.

Your original post sounded like someone else had this information and you received it in a message drafted by them (whether sent to you or intercepted by you) as opposed to you receiving canon information from the mod. Is this accurate?

Daemon

There's a possibility that I'm missing relevant game mechanics information here but:

If we are to accept and proceed with the information Halsey is providing here to proceed with a lynch, we have to assume that both the messenger who sent the information as well as Halsey are town and acting in the best interests of town.

Let's assume the messenger is operating in good faith then (i) The messenger is a townie, (ii) said townie despite already having a main ability (messenger) also somehow has important investigative information about who mafia is (iii) If the information is received through investigation, either by him or through an associate, he would have received the information only after the night is over and would have to send the message next night. However, the fact that he sent the message with the information as his night action itself, means that, he had that information by default without using any night action i.e. in his write-up (not accounting for mafia qt as we are assuming good faith) (iv) said townie has reason to believe Halsey is townie.

Therefore if you believe this is good faith townie information, you have to assume the messenger has important information on the identity of mafia by default while neither using their night action nor anyone else using their night action (even assuming a town mini-QT). This sounds extraordinarily unlikely to me.

The far likelier outcome is mafia/prankster who knows exactly who mafia/town are and sending a mixed message to confuse town and control the frame of discussion from early on.

In addition, there's a very obvious Olympian (maf) candidate who was one of the 12 olympians and the messenger of the gods who was also known as a 'divine trickster'. Hmm.

In the above light, how is Halsey 100% sure of the source of this extremely suspect message? If Halsey was town and received this information, would he wait for a round or two to get more info on np and Daemon, maybe press for more information without revealing all his cards instead of just doing this? It seems quite unnatural tbh.
I can think of a mechanic where this is possible (without a messenger being involved). Probably not wise to disclose it though.

Probably not wise for me to post at all rn tbh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'll be honest here. I would be a lot more sceptical about how sure Halsey is if it was someone else. And that may be cause to ignore my eagerness to go along with this. I am perhaps swallowing the wine that sits in front of me.

That being said, I want to hear from np and Daemon.