• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greek mythology mafia - Game over - insert coin

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The man always worried about what would come, if he could keep the ragtag bunch of heroes focused on the task at hand. He saw himself as a leader, but knew deep down he did not have the respect among these famed creatures. Who could? And with gods around, who could really trust that anyone was who they said they were?

As dusk settled, the man's thoughts kept whirring. He did not notice the air swirring and the spear spike landing in his skull.

It is Day 1. sledger has been killed. He was Iason, the Argonaut.

Day runs from 48 hours from now.

Red_Ink_Squid

Lets see if GIMH finds anything suss with this.
Haha when I saw the write up my first thought was 'Poor sledger, consecutive N0 deaths' and then 'Best not post that, GIMH will find it suss.'

...It was probably GIMH anyway, avenging his BotM semi final defeat.
:ph34r:

Tom Halsey

I have info. Given SCC isn't playing, np10 or Daemon is maf. I received a message last night and included in it was the info that someone who was maf last game is maf this game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lets see if GIMH finds anything suss with this.
Haha when I saw the write up my first thought was 'Poor sledger, consecutive N0 deaths' and then 'Best not post that, GIMH will find it suss.'

...It was probably GIMH anyway, avenging his BotM semi final defeat.
:ph34r:
Haha, didn't see any issue on this occasion. It was 100% a suss post in the last game though.

When I was last maf, I actually came across a template of np's post that triggered me last game as one to avoid when you're mafia.

Bit of a wifom though

Howe_zat

I have info. Given SCC isn't playing, np10 or Daemon is maf. I received a message last night and included in it was the info that someone who was maf last game is maf this game.
Does it match with the information you were expecting to get? Or did you just happen to recieve the incriminating info?

I think it might be too good to be true if it's the latter. Referencing mechanics of the previous game in a very meta way sounds weirder than maf sending system messages to try and get a mislynch.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah. If nothing else comes up then it'd obviously be worth our investigative folk casting an eye on them. But I certainly wouldn't be advocating a D1 lynch.

Victor Ian

Was that a bit of an early reveal? Set up for the frame!

Could someone who has played a bit lay out some expectations on what kind of numbers of things we can expect in the game. 6 mafia? 2 docs? 3 police? etc.

Red_Ink_Squid

Think Howe had asked the key question of Halsey already. Depending on where the info came from it may or may not be useful.

@VI re: number of Mafia, there's no definitive rule as it depends not just on total number of players but also balance of other factors like power roles and possible third parties. I'd guess in a game of 17 we likely have 4 or 5 Mafia with 5 most likely. 6 is possible if Town's powers were stacked I guess.

Can't really guess at the other roles - it's whatever Mags wanted to include, basically.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Think Howe had asked the key question of Halsey already. Depending on where the info came from it may or may not be useful.

@VI re: number of Mafia, there's no definitive rule as it depends not just on total number of players but also balance of other factors like power roles and possible third parties. I'd guess in a game of 17 we likely have 4 or 5 Mafia with 5 most likely. 6 is possible if Town's powers were stacked I guess.

Can't really guess at the other roles - it's whatever Mags wanted to include, basically.
I guess the number of maf also depends on the win conditions for 3P too?

But I'd agree. 5 seems a likely figure.