• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, Bangladesh, Ireland

pasag

RTDAS
Haha, Indian cricket journos really know how to put on a show at press conferences. One day someone'll pull a Budd Dwyer on them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni has been different from his predecessors in that he believes it is essentially unnecessary to have even a working relationship with the media.

Hence why he's a legend.

The new dispensation of the board also believes that the media are a hindrance, rather than an interested and involved stakeholder. Their official communications are sporadic and bare, leaving the media with no choice but to tap into sources, either within the board itself or among players and both can be unreliable at times.

Then STFU when there is nothing to report, and stop making up BS stories.

Sanz

Dhoni has been different from his predecessors in that he believes it is essentially unnecessary to have even a working relationship with the media.

Hence why he's a legend.

The new dispensation of the board also believes that the media are a hindrance, rather than an interested and involved stakeholder. Their official communications are sporadic and bare, leaving the media with no choice but to tap into sources, either within the board itself or among players and both can be unreliable at times.

"he wasn’t fit, and didn’t say so soon enough. Perhaps this was what caused whatever it was that was perceived as a “rift.”

This just makes me mad because Anand Vasu has been doing this to Indian team for so long. He is a scum.

Arjun

Jono said:
Media Comment

Gold.

Because that's exactly what HT started, then TimesNow and NDTV followed. They seem to be at war with the Indian team and have no problem with it.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was actually looking forward to this, but it's been kind of ruined now. Down to 18 overs a side, and Ireland resting three of their best players (well, resting two and having one legitimately out).. I can't see this being even remotely close anymore. Hope I'm wrong though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ireland are resting players? Wow.

You'd think exposure to intl class players would be an incentive to play. How often to they get to play on such a stage?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ireland are resting players? Wow.

You'd think exposure to intl class players would be an incentive to play. How often to they get to play on such a stage?
Well all three players have niggling injuries (Niall O'Brien might not even play against NZ) so it's not like they're just trying to prevent burnout, but yeah I tend to agree.

Kensashi

Glad to see botha given a go anyway, he's a very handy player with both bat and ball. I'm pretty surprised he didnt play against bangladesh.

Botha>>>>Mooney>>>>Wilson IMO.

stumpski

And Johnston has a niggling shoulder injury. Would probably play if it was a crucial match, but makes sense for him to rest it.

Funny, I never thought of countries like India and Pakistan having a national anthem before, perhaps because they're such young nations. Tend to think of national anthems as pieces composed in the 1800s (or earlier). And what was that Irish tune? Never heard it before. I was half expecting 'Danny Boy' or maybe the Riverdance theme. :)

stumpski

Not sure I would want to put good money on Ireland making 80 here ...

Best for them to get their worst match out of the way at this stage though.