• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, Bangladesh, Ireland

four_or_six

I don't think the Bangla coach was too impressed:

We had a reasonable start, we were 40 or 50 off the first six and from there 160 is [possible] if you bat sensibly to a plan, but if the boys just keep disobeying the plan you end up with a ****ty little score like 130...

Uppercut

As you may have suspected, I've had an absolutely fantastic day :D

There's really a brilliant atmosphere at these games. Because you have four teams playing in one day it becomes a sort of cricket festival with people from all over the world. The Bangla and Sri Lanka fans were really great people too, very very friendly (not that the Aussies weren't, i just didn't meet any!)

Truth be told, i enjoyed the Sri Lanka game more than the Ireland one (apart from the end) because i was so damn nervous. I can't overstate how much pressure Niall O'Brien was when he walked (limped) to the crease- there were a lot more Bangladesh fans than Irish ones and they were getting right behind Mortaza with every ball, coming out at 6/1 after three overs. Really excellent innings- I told you guys England took the wrong middle-order batsman!

But yeah, really great experience. I think i'm 100% converted to T20 now, because once you bypass all the advertising, the cheesy commentary and the desperate attempts to make money, you see that it's really a fantastic sport in its own right.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
But yeah, really great experience. I think i'm 100% converted to T20 now, because once you bypass all the advertising, the cheesy commentary and the desperate attempts to make money, you see that it's really a fantastic sport in its own right.
Ah, excellent. :) Glad you had a fabulous day as well.

Arjun

From an Indian resident's point of view, the BCCI need to take some action regarding media management: Ban Headlines Today and the entire TV Today network.

This group is constantly making up and sensationalising reports of a 'feud' between Sehwag and Dhoni, and trying to put together events in an odd manner and even making up possibilities to make the Indian team look divided. What's worse, there's even an attempt to undermine the credentials of Sehwag and Dhoni, which is not at all acceptable.

Uppercut

Yeah, that's a real shame. The one player i enjoy watching most when in full flight, because he's just as likely to slog-sweep a seamer over square leg as play a textbook cover drive all the way to the fence.

Big blow for India too, but to their credit the batting lineup is still easily the best in the tournament. Would be much more damaging IMO if, say, Zaheer Khan was injured.