• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Headphone recommendations

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So here's the 411 folks, I need some new headphones. After my default Apple ones that came with my iPod died, I've been through a few different brands. Sony, Panasonic and Sennheiser. I'd prefer in-ear ones for on the go/isn't going to take up room in my bag like proper good moulded headphones. Of all the ones I've tried Sennheiser had the best sound quality but somewhat surprisingly fell apart after a few of months (though they were foam ones not silicon ones). The Panasonic in ear gel ones so far have been the most comfortable but sound quality isn't amazing. Can anyone recommend anything fitting this profile? As they're on the go and basically need to hold together while I'm walking/at the gime, but I wouldn't mind something that blocks out sound a little better or sounds a bit crisper. Probably put a limit at $100 though.

Last edited:

Dan

Global Moderator
If you're happy to drop $100, I reckon the best you'll find is these:
Shure SE215 Sound Isolating Earphones :: Shure :: Headphones :: Audio - eGlobaL Digital Cameras Online Store

Couple of other options at a lower price point:
http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-m1-iem-earphones
http://www.amazon.com/AUDIO-ear-stereo-headphone-Tenore-ZH-DX200-CT/dp/B0093VVP0Q

Kinda depends on what you want from the sound profile, tbh. Those are all reasonably well-balanced, as compared to the bass-heavy stuff you get from mass market headphones. The Tenore have a sister-headphone, the Basso, which is a bass-centric version. The Brainwavz sit between them (and I'll probably end up buying myself a pair of them soon)

Chewie

Those aren't Sony Chewie.
:ninja:

The SE215 are definitely the best option for cheap in ear headphones, but in NZ they're around 150ish or more.

The Xiaomi Piston 2 is well known for being a good cheap option, and the 3 is supposed to be better