• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IDF shoots Palestinian Footballers

Spark

Global Moderator
Israel is worse than the White South Africans during Apartheid.
This is a pretty dumb post. Regardless of whether it can be argued thoroughly or not, it's a pretty stupid thing to just come out and flat-out say given the extreme sensitivities of the latter and the complete lack of substantiation provided of... anything, really.

dermo

This is a pretty dumb post. Regardless of whether it can be argued thoroughly or not, it's a pretty stupid thing to just come out and flat-out say given the extreme sensitivities of the latter and the complete lack of substantiation provided of... anything, really.
you would back up the white south africans with that avatar

Shri

Is it possible to even criticize Israel without being called anti-semitic? One of the reasons I keep my opinion to myself in Israel related news. No matter how inoffensive my stance is, I still think twice before posting. Only issue I do that to. I don't know. Social engineering?

jan

Its perfectly possible (and desirable) to criticize Israel. Without being anti-semitic of course. A bit of anti-whatever isnt a bad thing from time to time.
On the other hand I find it hard to believe they have nothing more important to do than target Palestinian sportsmen.

Agent Nationaux

In my haste and anger, I went overboard by bringing in South Africa. I shouldn't have done that.

However, what is happening to the Palestinian people is heartbreaking for me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In my haste and anger, I went overboard by bringing in South Africa. I shouldn't have done that.

However, what is happening to the Palestinian people is heartbreaking for me.
Yeah I for one wholeheartedly believe that there was no intent to provoke and rile. Consider yourself forgiven.

fredfertang

Ashamed to admit that this story had passed me by until I read this thread. It's not as if I've spent the last month in a cave either, as our media seems happy enough to have spent the time reporting on Oscar Pistorius' trial and flooding on the Somerset Levels which, newsworthy as they are, seem to me to pale into insignificance in light of this.

Being of a generation where my youth contained constant warnings about the lessons to be learnt from the horrors of the holocaust I've always given the Israelis a lot of slack when it comes to what might appear to be their paranoia and hair trigger mentality, and just put it down to the fact that just to survive in their part of the globe they have be hard as nails. But this is absolutely disgraceful - even if the Israelis explanation for opening fire were true, and I struggle to believe there is the slightest merit in it whatsoever, what they did is still a war crime - quite frankly if those responsible aren't before the International Criminal Court any time soon then sanctions should be the order of the day

On an incidental point I'd love to know what Barack Obama really thinks of Israel, and indeed what Israel really thinks of him