• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is parental quackery child abuse

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, Stephen is definitely what I’d call a generic name. Trundler on the other hand is not...

StephenZA

The comment section on that is terrifying....

2 quotes come to mind ...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge" - Isaac Asimov

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
i have made my Views on these things clear before. Not sure it's top of the policy agenda wrt the domestic abuse problem complex though

Spark

Global Moderator
I only read the first two paragraphs but if you’re going to deliberately have your child become infected then why the vaccination objection? Doesn’t seem logical but I guess that’s the point.
something something big pharma something something natural living, presumably

Spark

Global Moderator
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/intern...-fee-bleach-her-autistic-sons-police-n1017256

In a YouTube video posted in March, Laurel explained how she found medical doctors willing to sign off on the chlorine dioxide protocol. “Actually, I have found several doctors. Just by going to the Institute for Functional Medicine website and you put in your area, and they can bring up doctors that you didn't even know were there.”

The Institute for Functional Medicine is a professional association focused on alternative medicine, which it describes as “an individualized, patient-centered, science-based approach that empowers patients and practitioners to work together to address the underlying causes of disease and promote optimal wellness.” It operates as a nonprofit and brought in $16 million in revenue in 2017.

Doctors have criticized the organization’s promotion of vitamins, probiotics and parasite cleanses in treatments for various illnesses without scientific evidence that they work. The founder of the institute has bucked medical consensus with the claim that autism is caused by toxins in the environment and can be cured with changes to diet and supplemental nutrition.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Believe it or not, I have had someone ask me about chlorine dioxide for their child with autism! That was the first time I had heard of it. :-O