• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

List of people who’ve made you awkwardly explain your username to your wife

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
hahaha

oh man that was good

I can't remember many other occasions seeing someone look so ashamed

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
From a girls perspective this is worse. It was our honeymoon. she was like “my husband is what????”
I remember I ventured the perspective "at least it wasn't your username on a dating site"

Speaking of which, need to dig the thread about bad names to use on dating sites

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What was the original meaning, actually?

I'm sure you've explained before, but the memory fades as the years increase.

I guess NP10's username might sound a bit sus to non-ACDC literate folk too, actually, but knowing he's a fan it's never really struck me as such.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nothing interesting. I believe it was from a video game when I was in high school, then it was my AIM handle, and so I just kept using it for stuff without thinking about it...

Lillian Thomson

From a girls perspective this is worse. It was our honeymoon. she was like “my husband is what????”
So from a girls perspective finding out that her intended posts on a Cricket forum using the name silentstriker is worse than finding out he's been intimate with a sheep. Shows why I've never understood women.

Lillian Thomson

I don’t currently have a wife either. But the stipulated situation couldn’t arise. If she didn’t understand my user name we wouldn’t even reach the moist crafty stage.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
What was the original meaning, actually?

I'm sure you've explained before, but the memory fades as the years increase.

I guess NP10's username might sound a bit sus to non-ACDC literate folk too, actually, but knowing he's a fan it's never really struck me as such.
Haha yeah. I had been using the name for some banking sites at the time (it seemed to be always available) so when my wife discovered it I did have to explain it to her before she made any worrisome assumptions.

Tbf, it's a lot better than the name I was using pre-2004. thesummonedskull *cringe*