• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Minnows upsets against Test countries.

Burgey

I'm a bit worried about NZ being given a chance in this tournament. They always seem to perform better when expectations are low and they can fly under the radar. So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me it they were upset by Bangladesh or Afghanistan, and therefore not making the quarter finals.
I'm beginning to think NZ are going to win it.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm more afraid of Afghanistan than Bangladesh. The latters small army of finger spinners and batsmen has always wilted in New Zealand, but Afghanistan have a bit of a pace attack going for them and if the stars align...

Gotta admit though it would be so great if Afghanistan had a Sri Lanka moment and won the whole thing.
Still backing this. Afghanistan will jump somebody imo. Most likely Bangladesh but could be anyone.

Xuhaib

Pkistan lost 2 on the bounce to a C grade NZ club side our chances look gloomier by the day:(

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pkistan lost 2 on the bounce to a C grade NZ club side our chances look gloomier by the day:(
Yeah C grade may even be kind. Pollard and Seifert are definitely okay youngsters who are close enough to first team for their respective domestic team. But the rest of the team was pretty much a field of spuds.

Xuhaib

Yeah C grade may even be kind. Pollard and Seifert are definitely okay youngsters who are close enough to first team for their respective domestic team. But the rest of the team was pretty much a field of spuds.
yeah the first defeat one can excuse them as they played the game 24 hours after a very long flight but loosing two was really bad. I am comforting myself thinking they are not going full on and just getting use to the conditions but our odi form over the last 18 months does suggest we are one of the weaker major nations in the tournament.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
How about a new rule?
In limited-over games, 1 run is added in the case the last ball is not out.
How about you try to understand the game before suggesting new rules. That way it may stop you making such stupid ****ing ideas.

Lokomotiv

How about you try to understand the game before suggesting new rules. That way it may stop you making such stupid ****ing ideas.
Sorry for making a stupid idea. But I am trying to understand the game.
The reason of my suggestion is: in the limited-over games, the number of outs does not matter. So taking a wicket in the last ball is almost meaningless. So there should be some differentiation.
Do you understand my point?

Sarun

Ireland to beat West Indies or Zimbabwe (I wonder whether this one could be counted as an upset now).

Last edited:

brockley

The Zimbabwe 1 no.
They beaten Zimbabwe before.and Afghanistan 2 -2 against Zimbabwe.
Altho Zimbabwe did well today NZ 7/157.

hendrix

"Ireland have been the great success story of the past two World Cups. They might qualify for the next one, but would likely have to finish in the top two of a qualifying event in Bangladesh. In which Bangladesh will almost certainly be playing as well. The teams that succeed on Bangladesh's turning pitches will earn a place at a World Cup in conditions that will swing. Talk about setting teams up for failure."

Nodding here.