• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Music discussion thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Words the prophets said still swimming through my head.
Now there's no stars left in the sky 'cause this well will never run dry.
What if I completely forget?
What if I never accept?
'Cause when you fade away it's like a brand new doomsday.
God, imagine writing these lyrics about your brother after he died at 28 from cancer over the top of a song that he wrote before he died.

grecian

Gotta say, been some great singles released from unexpected sources in the last month, Noel (Holy Mountain is as the young uns would say "a bop"), Beck, even Morrisey, but that Creature Comfort Arcade Fire tune is brilliant, instant classic for the modern age.

Last edited:

Scarlett

Banned
Gotta say, been some great singles released from unexpected sources in the last month, Noel (Holy Mountain is as the young uns would say "a bop"), Beck, even Morrisey, but that Creature Comfort Arcade Fire tune is brilliant, instant classic for the modern age.
My eyes lit up when Holy Mountain was on You Tube, I don’t know suppose because it’s so different from Chasing Yesterday, am not sure if that is good or bad with such a vast change in a different musical direction. By the second listen it was no I’m liking this, yeah its rocking my headphones to bits. Though still think for a first song maybe slightly lazy in the lyrics department because he is that talented and capable of much more, overall sounds ok.

Really wanted to be a singer/songwriter, would sit with my acoustic and my god it was awful lol, mostly ended up being these silly songs when we were all drunk or what we would do is change the lyrics of known songs into something funny with hysterical results, yes insanely jealous of anyone who can play good. I like writing poems, mostly freeform have always kept those private.

MagicPoopShovel

PJ is releasing a new album. First single - Don't deny me is out now.

Not sure how I feel about this. Having been a life long fan of them I've been underwhelmed by their last few releases. This just sounds more like Lightning Bolt material.

The song seems to have a bit of a political edge to it. Hopefully Trump's inspired them to write a cohesive album. Looking forward to a tour Down Under.

Gnske

Was listening to Beck's Paper Tiger and was struck by how much it owes to this song from Can:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYp6dnAEVhY&list=PLA462AF9E090AA004&index=3

Oh Yeah, from 1971's Tago Mago.

Also possibly Serge Gainsbourg's Melody:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj-AzuH6XXo
It's strange CAN's popularity or lack thereof, I don't know many outside the industry who can name drop them despite the fact when it comes to greatness in krautrock, there's CAN then daylight thereafter.