• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My last two weeks

Francis

So here's been my last two weeks:

* Had to study for a law exam (Contract) five hours each day under the duress of fatigue.

* Suffer from a sleeping problem and have been sleeping during the day and been awake during the night.

* Haven't got out in a while (except my weekly game of tennis)

* Been studying 5 hours a day. The material is very dry.

* Needed to memorise 150 cases for Contract.

* Couldn't force my body to wake up in the morning and go to bed at night, so I couldn't get my sleep right before my exam

* Got broken sleep the day (not the night before the exam) which ammounted to about five good hours of sleep. Then had to stay up 18 hours straight to prepare for my exam (and be awake to sit it!)

* Sat the exam, feel like it's 50/50 whether I passed. If I haven't passed I'll be devastated since I've sacrificed so much.

* Ready to sleep now... so very sleepy.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah, I've been pretty much like that for a few weeks now, though my sleeping patterns have been horrible for years. Part insomniac, part sleep apnea. Did an exam today on virtually zero sleep, jacked up on No Doz (H).

Francis

Yeah, I've been pretty much like that for a few weeks now, though my sleeping patterns have been horrible for years. Part insomniac, part sleep apnea. Did an exam today on virtually zero sleep, jacked up on No Doz (H).
What are you studying Australian?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Can't survive with less than 8 hours sleep.. If I can only get, say 4 hours in a night, then I'll just stay up and won't bother..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Generally get about 6-7 hours sleep a night during the week, go to bed between 1.30pm and 2pm, and then get up around 7.30ish, then am totally worn out come the weekend.

yaju

I returned home on 25th May after completing engineering. I was taking rest, then after a few days received the news that I had to go back to my college to complete some formalities.

They had to be done, I had no other option. So I booked my tickets and packed my bags, again.

I went to Delhi by train, stayed at my sister's place, next morning went to the airport, took a flight to Goa, roamed around the place, then took a train in the night, reached Manipal, completed the formalities by Friday, on saturday went to Mangalore(2 hours drive), had a lot of fun, returned to Manipal the same day.

Next morning travelled to Mangalore Airport, took flight to Bangalore, then to Delhi, stayed there for a few days, finally returned home, and on saturday received a good news.

I will be going to Noida for my job, starting 27th June.

Phew, the last few days have been so hectic with loads of travelling!

Adamc

Just had four exams in six days (Thursday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday), been sleeping two hours at a time and drinking a lot of coffee. ("By the end I thought I was a hummingbird of some kind.") My general strategy re. Law exams is to cram for two days, don't really bother studying for anything else. Always come out of law exams thinking that if I'd bothered to study an extra day or two I might have done really well; apparently it never occurs to me to start studying earlier until after the fact.

Francis

Anyway he does studies in regards to sports; where he precisely masters the degree in how badly Carlton sucks.
Not I can't claim to know much about your Australian sports, but am I right in saying that Carlton are in the top 8 right now. Am I also right in saying that have a player named Chris Judd who's just about as good a player as there's ever been?

If Pasag's studies measure the degree in how badly Carlton sucks, then I am of the opinion his degree is useless.

Last edited:

jammay123

i've been doing exams for the last three weeks and finish on thursday and before each exam i only sleep like two hours.:surrender :surrender its killing me

cpr

Not I can't claim to know much about your Australian sports, but am I right in saying that Carlton are in the top 8 right now.
8 Team division?

Knackered ATM, up at 6 to get the train to work, home at 6 if the train decides it wants to stop and let us on (depends how full it is). Just hammered me tea down, workin the other job at 8 till close (so will probably leave at 12.30am), home, to bed, back up at 6..

Dont see my first pay packet till July 31st.....