• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Summer

Manee

Hi, people may be interested in this, it is an article of my time over the summer fighting illness. I think it is a tad "whoa-is-me" but I've been told it is a good read. Just so people gain the tone, it was originally written for Facebook and then just a few words were changed so it could go on a student website, The Yorker.

Something to get off my chest - The Yorker

Manee

As I said, it was hardly the worst thing that's ever happened to anyone, but I have been told it is an interesting read.

sonnench

Mate, hope all is well now. Not ''whoa is me'' at all, sounds like a horrid ordeal. I pity myself because I have a bad case of tinnitus

Last edited:

Adamc

It's 'woe', ftr.

Didn't realise it was a three part epic. Will get to it after I finish the Odyssey.

Manee

It's 'woe', ftr.

Didn't realise it was a three part epic. Will get to it after I finish the Odyssey.
Yeh, sorry about that. Was originally posted for Facebook and then adapted to The Yorker which has a 700 word limit or something like that.

Adamc

On my to-do list.

4374. Finish the Odyssey
4375. Finish theodicy
4376. Read Manee's article

Did skim the first page though. Initially read it as 'I will not bore you with the eventual removal of my brain'. 8|

Last edited:

sonnench

Just finished part 2 and 3, good to hear you are fine now and doing well. Good read mate, sorry it had to happen to you at all.

uvelocity

"should be apparent off the bat" my favourite part.

**** happens to people in life, but it's how you deal with it that matters. Sounds like you are dealing with it well, hope you stay healthy for a very long time.

four_or_six

That's a really amazing read, it comes across as a really genuine account. I hope everything continues well for you now.

cpr

Hmmm, CW today has made me realise that sometime I can be a ****ing mard about what are in reality trivial little things.

Great read Manee.... Well, not a great read, because you had to go through it to write it, but you know what I mean. Glad to see your on the mend (and flashing the sexy scar angle, always the upside to life saving surgery. That and life)

Manee

Ooh. It has become apparent that the scar is not exactly sexy. Heck, its not exactly a scar; its too thick and red, its more like a very dry wound still. The point in the first line is fair enough regarding Craigos (RIP) but with me, I found it very much the case that what upsets me and annoys me has not changed. For me, there is some, but not substantial increase in perspective.

EDIT: Very drunk atm, apologies if the above makes no sense.

Burgey

Interesting read mate. Just one thing I'd take issue with - your assertion you aren't a wanker.

I take it you're back in York now and progressing well? Had the (very great) pleasure of spending a week there last year. Its a great town. I am, however, sorry to hear the Judges Lodgings has gone into administration.

Good news you're feling better. Hope all goes well with the studies mate.

Manee

One year on from my diagnosis. Thank you from me to basically whole of CW for being here and keeping me entertained while I was stuck in bed or stuck at home or waiting for chemo to begin...