• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon dies

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I know spikey is just kidding but it's crazy that a non-negligible number of people think it was a hoax.

You'd think the soviets might have made some noises about it being fake. :laugh:

Ruckus

Na they were in on it too. It goes way beyond the US...the whole cold war was just a set up...it was just a smoke screen to disguise the activities of both the US and Soviet Union working together in forging a World Government...one where the space industry could be monopolised and used to launch spy satellites to monitor the activity of the mountain people. i'm scared and I don't know where my Aloperidin is.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Kind of reminds of me how people claim NASA is sitting on proof of aliens or whatever. NASA would be the FIRST agency to release all evidence - it would instantly solve all their budget problems if they found proof of extraterrestrial life.

Ruckus

But they want to be the only one's who can 'probe' the aliens in search of superior intelligence. Personally think they've already cross-bred humans with them...the result being this guy

andyc

If we ever get to a point where we are living again on a planet where no man has walked on the moon, I'm going to be pissed. It's being present for the beginning of the dark ages.
Is there much to be gained from going back to the moon, though? I definitely agree with the sentiment, but I'd imagine there'd be more to gain from a scientific point of view from sending a man to Mars, for example.

Daemon

When I was a kid I used to wonder why they didn't make a giant refrigerator and send people in it to the sun.

Shri

Damn, Neil dead, Lance stripped off his titles. Not a good week to be Armstrong.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Is there much to be gained from going back to the moon, though? I definitely agree with the sentiment, but I'd imagine there'd be more to gain from a scientific point of view from sending a man to Mars, for example.
Yea, Mars would be perfectly fine.

ganeshran

And with that, the hoax will never be confirmed. Gah humbug.
Mythbusters did a whole episode on the points raised by conspiracy theorists on the moon landing. The flutter of the flag, leaving of the footprint without water vapour, the lit astronaut in the shadow and the differently lined up shadows with only a single light source.

Gelmatron

Mythbusters did a whole episode on the points raised by conspiracy theorists on the moon landing. The flutter of the flag, leaving of the footprint without water vapour, the lit astronaut in the shadow and the differently lined up shadows with only a single light source.
Did they bust the myth?