• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oasis v Blur

Which is the better band?

• Total voters

wpdavid

Brumby using Spotify has shattered all my illusions about the world btw
:laugh:

Actually I signed up to it quite recently and I can't fathom how I ever coped without it.
Blur are a case in point. 25 years ago I was firmly in the Oasis camp (aged 35 ffs), but I wanted to hear more of Blur's and Gorrilaz's output after reading Daniel Rachel's 'Isle of Noises'. And there it all is for me to dip into.
Likewise all the early Elton John albums from the early to mid 1970s. I never bought most of them and wouldn't want to now, but belatedly picking up on Tumbleweed Connection and Captain Fantastic has been a joy.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair

How you finding Unplugged then?
Decent. Very decent, in fact. It's surprising how well some of his solo stuff stands up versus the Oasis classics too. Gone is maybe my favourite thing on there.

Always been a massive fan of his voice.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah Gone was the free download I got when I pre-ordered and it's probably better than the album version.

Likewise always loved his voice, but since he went solo he's clearly taken real care of it, and it shows.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Damn you Brumby I'm listening to it now while writing up some interview notes

Bloke whose interview it was reminded me of Spark

Anyway. God I love Liam

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tangentially related, I was wondering what our honourable member for Birkenhead thought of Liam's Unplugged effort?
So I'd listened while working and driving but the vinyl arrived today, and I'm on the 19 crimes and well it's ****ing special isn't it

Voice is spot on, song selection mixes oasis and his own stuff perfectly. Whole damn thing is great.