• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st ODI at the MCG

Burgey

Noted test match prospect Arun Finch must be exhausted, having not batted this long in years.

MW1304

Noted test match prospect Arun Finch must be exhausted, having not batted this long in years.
I was about to say didn't he hit a record t20 score against us last year, then remembered he did it in about 3 balls.

wpdavid

woke up for the start and saw the team england selected and went back to bed. Stokes good enough to bat 6 in test cricket apparently but a number 7 or 8 in odi cricket? Buttler England's best player in the last series demoted to 8? Bresnan playing haha give me a break. Bopara/Root the fifth bowler outside England/asia, ****tards -especially when the four frontline bowlers are so average. Giles most be the biggest ****tard of the lot.
Yup. Maybe Giles is trying to keep his name out of the hat for the poisoned chalice of being England's next test match manager.

I honestly have no idea why anyone thinks that Boyd Rankin is good enough to play out here.

Good knock from the lad Ballance, but he appears to be yet another guy who's been allowed to ply his trade in the CC without actually being able to catch a ball, following Carberry's appalling fielding in the test matches..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hard to believe that Arun Finch is the first Victorian to score an ODI century at the MCG..

Burgey

Why is Mark Nicholas emphasiisng how fit Arun Finch is every second ball?

Clarkeh not mucking around here

Burgey

Bryce McGain just got banned from CW for suggesting on abc radio that Arun Finch is "in third gear".

Spikey

I feel like we have over-looked how badly England stuffed up this team btw. Like, with Stokes now in the team and seemingly set to be given a great opportunity to become the OD all-rounder, I don't really think they should be picking Bopara, who is basically in as an all-rounder. Remove Ravi, pick Tredwell, and it's a better team. Likewise, I just can't believe they aren't picking Finn. If you think he is this bad, fly him home and send some other guy out. All of Rankin, Bresnan and Jordon in over him is just silly to me.

Cook
Bell
Root
Zimbabwe
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Jordan
Tredwell
Rankin/Bres
Finn

strikes me as a much more sensible team.

MW1304

Ravi has earnt his place as a batsman for the moment but not up the order. I'd be happy with him instead of Ballance and moved to 5/6. Also gives us a 6th bowler option overseas.

But yeah not picking Tredwell or Finn is absurd.

dermo

I feel like we have over-looked how badly England stuffed up this team btw. Like, with Stokes now in the team and seemingly set to be given a great opportunity to become the OD all-rounder, I don't really think they should be picking Bopara, who is basically in as an all-rounder. Remove Ravi, pick Tredwell, and it's a better team. Likewise, I just can't believe they aren't picking Finn. If you think he is this bad, fly him home and send some other guy out. All of Rankin, Bresnan and Jordon in over him is just silly to me.

Cook
Bell
Root
Zimbabwe
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Jordan
Tredwell
Rankin/Bres
Finn

strikes me as a much more sensible team.
im dropping root or zimbabwe for hales and moving bell to 3/4 and hales opening, these ****s scored 28 runs in the first 10 which is what really held them back from making a good score. bring in hales and tell him to play the first 10 like a 20/20, they've got enough batting depth with stokes and butler but the top order is to stagnant imo