• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** COVID-19 Discussion

Adders

China Southern ?

Take some snacks on board with you mate as you probably won't be eating much of the onboard stuff.

We flew then to London a few years back, cheap yeah but very ordinary experience all round tbh.

Burgey

Cheap flight. Trying to move on a budget.
Fair enough. Be interesting how it plays out. I missed a planned three night break in Bangkok on the way back from the UK owing to SARS in 03. We ended up just transiting straight through, but it was certainly a bit stressful.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
China Southern ?

Take some snacks on board with you mate as you probably won't be eating much of the onboard stuff.

We flew then to London a few years back, cheap yeah but very ordinary experience all round tbh.
ha yeah have already thought about this

StephenZA

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2020/01/china-coronavirus-twitter/605644/

Is @howroute someone seeking global attention, someone who believes what they are doing is righteous, someone who’s simply an exploitative grifter? Perhaps the only clear thing about the account is that it has shaped the online conversation about the coronavirus outbreak, regardless of its intentions. It may be that @howroute is “one of the most trusted sources on coronavirus reporting on Twitter,” which is exactly the problem. Some entity with no discernible knowledge about China, epidemiology, or infectious disease, working from a pseudonymous account, has become a leading source for people across the world about a global pandemic.

James90

Mrs Burgey has her usual quarterly round of meetings in Singapore coming up in mid-Feb, and we've had a lazy bet that by the time she's due to go it will have been cancelled owing to the spread of this thing. It's only a hundred, but I'm backing the cancellation at this stage.
I'm flying through Singapore mid-February.

I would not be surprised if I need to make alternative arrangements.

ripper868

Flying to Europe via Guangzhou in early May. Hoping to be unaffected.
Spent 9 hours in Guangzhou airport going SYD to LHR...it #1 in my least favorite airport...it was winter, the heating wasnt on and we reverted to filling our water bottles with hot water and stickjng them in our jackets. We could see our breath, inside the terminal.

Anyway, sure youll be fine, itll be spring/summer.

And echo the sentiments about China Southern, take own food, and load up your phone/tablet with your own movies.

Burgey

As exclusively predicted by yours truly, Mrs Burgey's company has placed a travel ban on China, Singapore and Thailand.

They also listed HK separately, but everyone knows it's part of China, so that was redundant.

Adders

My poor brother had to cancel his holiday to Aus because of the fires, so rebooked for Thailand instead. Looks like he may have to cancel that now.