• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** COVID-19 Discussion

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If anyone wants to catch this and also visit the greatest place in the world, quarantine patients are being kept in the hospital where I was born

AndyZaltzHair

Our government decided to bring all bangladeshi from wuhan in a plane and quarantine them here. I dont know if thats a wise decision yet

zorax

likes this
need to fly through singapore in may. that might be fun.
you'll be fine. It's expected the virus will lose potency in higher temperatures, and Singapore in May is ****ing hot. Plus Singapore just cancelled all flights coming in from the Mainland. I expect they'll have it contained by the time May rolls around.

Daemon

you'll be fine. It's expected the virus will lose potency in higher temperatures, and Singapore in May is ****ing hot. Plus Singapore just cancelled all flights coming in from the Mainland. I expect they'll have it contained by the time May rolls around.
Singapore is hot all year round

Only 16 confirmed cases here so far. There’s probably a higher chance of me scoring a hundred next week than contracting the virus.

Flem274*

123/5
im more thinking of the crazy security around it and potential flight cancellations than actually contracting the bug. if i catch it (probs will now) then clearly god hates me and i deserve to die.

Daemon

I feel like people are mistaking some of China’s preventative/damage control measures (EMTs arriving in HAZMAT suits, quarantining entire cities to prevent the spread of the virus, massive quarantine buildings being built in a week) for a sign that there’s a full blown zombie apocalypse going on.

Son Of Coco

As we only have approximately 80% of our students originating from China, I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine.

zorax

likes this
Hospital staff going on strike starting tomorrow in protest of HK govt not closing all borders with China

Just half of non-essential hospital staff striking tomorrow, but they're threating to escalate if demand not met

harsh.ag

Hospital staff going on strike starting tomorrow in protest of HK govt not closing all borders with China

Just half of non-essential hospital staff striking tomorrow, but they're threating to escalate if demand not met
Heh. This is a ridiculous request.

zorax

likes this
The general HK public outrage towards the govt and CCP during this virus outbreak is mostly fueled by the general anti govt sentiment that's still lingering after all the protests.

There's no way that Carrie Lam has the authority or ability to completely shut HKs borders with China.

Son Of Coco

So, the ban on Chinese travellers to Australia means many teachers at our university (QUT) no longer have work for at least 2 months, possibly longer. While I understand the ban, as the 3rd largest export after coal and iron ore I'm wondering where the pubic outrage is that people are losing their jobs.Oh, that's right, we're not coal or iron ore, so nobody gives a ****. The lack of diversity in the international student population at a number of unis will cause the same result there. The easy money has been from the Chinese over the last 5-10 years, so that's who has been targeted. Can anyone guess how many people in management, marketing, or even reception are casual? None. The people who are apparently qualified to drive the ship have been asleep at the wheel because it's easy. Now, while the virus is not their fault, it has come back to bite them on the arse as a number of experts predicted it would. Except it hasn't really bitten them on the arse, they still have jobs. The people who have paid for it are those who don't make decisions that lead to an over-reliance on 1 country to fill your classrooms.

Luckily, my wife started working full-time 2 weeks ago, so I can now fulfill my dream of busking as a poet/mime in Queen St Mall. Some teachers have this as their only income though, so they are desperate for something else, and fast.