• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How good was Zaheer's bowling in the 49th over. Such a waste :cry:

Last edited:

Sanz

8-)

Really Sanz, really? And I thought you were my dad's age.
Little younger, I guess. Regardless of how you post at times, I always think of you as a very good kid. So My Regards to Sr. Turb. for having such an outstanding lad.

Daemon

How good was Zaheer's 49th over. Such a waste :cry:
Love him. Don't know why I only started noticing his awesomness just recently.. Can't remember much of him 2 years back other than that one SA tour where he got smith like 4 times in 5 games.

vcs

How good was Zaheer's bowling in the 49th over. Such a waste :cry:
Was awesome. Apart from that one powerplay over where he got pasted, but still excellent figures, and deserved Kallis's wicket as well.

Daemon

Peterson's pretty useful anywhere in the batting and bowling order isn't he? Bowled well today and did well opening the bowling against England too IIRC. When Tahir gets back, Van Wyk is likely to be replaced right? AB should do a better job keeping anyways.

Last edited:

vcs

Peterson's pretty useful anywhere in the batting and bowling order isn't he? Bowled well today and did well opening the bowling against England too IIRC. When Tahir gets back, Van Wyk is likely to be replaced right? AB should do a better job keeping anyways.
Yeah, seems like a no-brainer to me, unless injury prevents AB from keeping or something. van Wyk isn't just poor at the moment, he's actively holding the team back. Looked clueless keeping to spin, and should have taken Sehwag's catch in the 2nd over as well.

Quaggas

AB's back niggle should not be risked IMO

dfx-

Great win for SA:cool:

Surely India lost because they didn't have enough runs, not because of Nehra. Not much point making 500 runs and collapse in 10 overs if the opposition can make 501 in 50

Daemon

Indias RR- log curve
SAs RR - exponential curve

SA planned the chase really well, awesome team effort. Not enough credit going to them, they had so many cameos, almost everyone contributed

Agent Nationaux

Behind every successful batsman there is Kamran Akmal , infront of every successful batsman its Nehra.

Who would be happy to see Akmal drop a catch...Nehra...because the ball didnt go for a six.

:laugh:

IndiaLose

You know what's sad??

SA won this match without Tahir!! He is their best weapon and Smith didn't expose him to the Indian batsmen. If the two teams ever meet in the knockouts, he is going to surprise Indian team for sure by taking quick wickets.

Dhoni & Co. are in deep ****.

abmk

He let a newbie in Joginder Sharma bowl the final over of the World T20 and India won - funnily enough, the alternative at that time was the same Harbhajan Singh. The media and everyone else lauded him for thinking out-of-the-box. At least in this case he gave it to a bowler who wasn't a stranger to such situations. And to be fair to him, he bowled one rank ordinary length ball that was hit for six. The first ball was fine, he was unlucky. See, these things happen. I think we are overreacting.
In the 2007 T20 WC final harbhajan was hit for 3 sixes in an over by Misbah. He was short of confidence. I think that's why joginder was given the ball.

Here harbhajan was bowling very well, not short of confidence at all. Quite a bit of difference if you ask me.

IndiaLose

We haven't done well in our 2 big matches.

I can't imagine what is going to happen in knock outs, where India will obviously be playing against the best teams.

Howe_zat

Peterson has won a lot of respect from me recently. For a long time I considered him a typical tweaker-who-can-bat-a-bit, bits n' pieces hack. However I have to admit he's done almost everything asked of him and come about as a very useful cricketer. Good for him.

(miles better than Botha ftr)

Blaze 18

Banned
In the 2007 T20 WC final harbhajan was hit for 3 sixes in an over by Misbah. He was short of confidence. I think that's why joginder was given the ball.

Here harbhajan was bowling very well, not short of confidence at all. Quite a bit of difference if you ask me.
That's a fair point. Look, I am not saying bowling Nehra was the best decision ever. My point is basically that a lot of people - that includes our lovely media - basically judge in hindsight. Anyway, whatever the case, there's been way too much of an overreaction.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How are we overreacting? Not sure about the Indian media but they're always ****. However on CW no one is calling for Dhoni to be sacked. No one is calling for his head. No one is saying he should be dropped.

We are calling a spade a spade. He made one of the most amateur captaincy decisions in a long long long time. He deserves to be criticised for it.

Blaze 18

Banned
How are we overreacting? Not sure about the Indian media but they're always ****. However on CW no one is calling for Dhoni to be sacked. No one is calling for his head. No one is saying he should be dropped.

We are calling a spade a spade. He made one of the most amateur captaincy decisions in a long long long time. He deserves to be criticised for it.
Yeah, I should have made that clearer. I was talking about the media.